What's new

Post shave WH/ASB/AS what works?

What works well when your mixing all these things up?!

At the moment I only use Dickensons WH and then Nivea ASB post shave, but was thinking of getting Thayers WH (since its now available in Aus) and starting to use a Cologne or AS as well. (Not all four, but more like WH/ASB/Cologne)

Do you noramally drop the use of ASBs that dont match your cologne/AS?
And does using a scented WH interfere much with the cologne/AS?

Thanks! Just need some advice to point me in the right direction!

- Still very much a Newbie.

WH scent fades quickly and I use it almost every shave. I try to either coordinate or layer my ASB and cologne. Try some different combos and you will find ones you like.

I usually get the best results when I use a scentless balm. I use the Nivea products, so only the replenishing and cooling balm really affect the splash I apply afterwords, as far as scent goes. I can use the cooling balm with some AV, and that doesn't alter the smell or feel too much.

All depends on your face and skin composition my friend. What works for me, might not work for Boba Fett or you...

Or Jango Fett for that matter. I dont think Darth Vader shaves as his face is kinda messed up from that lightsaber attack years ago...poor bastard.

If you're looking for a relatively unscented ASB to layer with your cologne, you might check out the Nivea line (I've got the Sensitive version, but haven't tried it out yet. Reviews are at the B&B AS Review Forum, but I still haven't been able to figure out how to include a %#$*&@! link yet...) They are all supposed to be fairly lightly scented and short-lived, so that might work for you. That's going to be my plan when the weather turns colder and an ASB is called for.

Great, thanks all. It sounds like I should be able to experiment a bit then, Nivea Sensitive is available locally and I can get an unscented WH too :biggrin:

I go a little overboard I think. In the palm of my hand I mix Aloe, Witch hazel and tea tree oil, rub on face, splash more WH, air dry, apply a small amount of some l'oreal Comfort Max SPF 15 Anti-Irritation After Shave Balm followed up with some Bump Stopper 2 on the trouble spots, let it set for a couple of minutes and then splash with some Clubman or Old Spice.

All depends on your face and skin composition my friend. What works for me, might not work for Boba Fett or you...

Or Jango Fett for that matter. I dont think Darth Vader shaves as his face is kinda messed up from that lightsaber attack years ago...poor bastard.

Dude, my dad had his head sliced off by Samuel L. Jackson. NOT COOL!!:lol::lol::lol:

But seriously, all those weepers on Vader's face...think about the alcohol burn on those!!!:scared:

Top Bottom