What's new

Portable tunes

Linn Axis turntable, Creek Audio amp, and a bookcase full of VINYL. Oh, and an iPod Nano 2GB (can't stay home ALL day.)

Robert

I just picked up a Ipod Nano 2gb. I primarily use it to run with and to drown out some of the people I work with throughout the day.

I have a 4G 20 Gig Ipod and also an Ipod Shuffle for working out.

I have a connection to my hometheater and universal remote...so I dock the Ipod in my home theater and it can be played throughout my entire house. This is great for entertaining.

I also have an alarm clock that docks the ipod so I wake up listening to my tunes every morning.

I have everything but some Apple stock!

At work, I use a HeadAmp Gilmore Headphone Amp V2 with an 1G iPod, a classic Sony D25 Portable CD player (very solid and overengineered), or my laptop as a source. Connected to this setup is usually a pair of Sennheiser HD580's but occasionally some Etymotic ER6 in-ear phones. More "personal" than "portable." If I need to go mobile, I use the iPod and the Etymotics.

I have my first generation iPod still. Battery replaced under warranty once. It stays in my car. Well, actually I sold my 5gb back in 2002 or 03- this is a 10, but still first gen.

I've had 512mb shuffle that I take to the gym for almost a year now.

Both work great!!

RVL Saratoga said:
Linn Axis turntable, Creek Audio amp, and a bookcase full of VINYL. Oh, and an iPod Nano 2GB (can't stay home ALL day.)

Robert

Robert,

I lost a close personal friend in June, and he left his stereo to me. First time I've had a turntable in working condition since the early '90's. Now, if all of my albums weren't still in Texas!

Randy

rtaylor61 said:
Robert,

I lost a close personal friend in June, and he left his stereo to me. First time I've had a turntable in working condition since the early '90's. Now, if all of my albums weren't still in Texas!

Randy
Randy,
If you had both of your records, you'ld probably just sit there playing There's a Tear in My Beer and All My Ex's (usedta) Live in Texas!.:hand:

guenron said:
Randy,
If you had both of your records, you'ld probably just sit there playing There's a Tear in My Beer and All My Ex's (usedta) Live in Texas!.:hand:

Ron...don't forget, I used to be a d.j.! I have a , ahem, sizable album collection!

Randy

Andrew...can't ever forget about Jerry Jeff Walker or Waylon, or Willie. It's amazing what one album can do to change the face of music...The Outlaws was really cutting edge.

Randy

no comment on the music artist discussion, but i still use a turntable- a fancy looking (but not fancy sounding) B&O from the 80s.

i still listen to records. haven't bought as many over the past 5 years, when I was buying more new and used rock records. iPod has probably contributed to that. much 80s vinyl was ****e (on purpose, if you will), but my 70s records sound awesome as do my 90s records from indy labels

Does anyone remember the magazine Hi-Fi Heretic? I was the LAST kid on my block to own a CD player. I really do prefer the warmer analog sound. And, much of my record collection doesn't exist on CD. Bring back vinyl and straight-razors!

Jerry Jeff fans, eh? I used to see him around Oneonta, New York when I lived out that way. Yep, sorry to disappoint y'all, but he's a born-and-bred Yankee.

Robert

and don't forget his Mary Poppins records either !!!!

Randy did you rmember going to the armadilo or whatever it was called for "austin city limits"...they seem to have some great entertainment over the years....

trivia question: Who was the first person to be on "austin city limits" television show ????

mark tssb

Well I was drunk the day my mom got out of prison.
And I went to pick her up in the rain.
But before I could get to the station in my pickup truck.
She got runned over by a damned old train.

Oh, and I have a Sony Walkman....no i-pod or anything like that.

AACJ said:
Well I was drunk the day my mom got out of prison.
And I went to pick her up in the rain.
But before I could get to the station in my pickup truck.
She got runned over by a damned old train.

Oh, and I have a Sony Walkman....no i-pod or anything like that.

Art,

That's from the "perfect country song". Well, at least after that verse was added. Wow...never thought I would see David Alan Coe quoted here. That man is dangerous!

Randy

Top Bottom