What's new

Portable tunes

Austin is correct...willie was the first to appear...

Steve Goodman actually wrote "the perfect song" as it says in the song itself...Steve appeared also on "Austin City Limits" many times. Fortunatley, I had a vcr then and I taped many and many country acts.

But Steve had songs like "Face on the cutting room floor" Nitty Gritty Dirt Band....Talk Backwards and some others I cant remember this morning...

Google his name and you will be surprised about his music...

David Allen Coe's manager lives about 15 miles from me. Crocky Peterson is a very wealthy man. His father had 2 pepsi bottling companies around here and a big lumber yard. Crocky raced in the Indy 500..ONCE....a man of no talent but a barrel of money Crocky started managing acts and wound up with DAC. He had him sign autographs one year and I had my guitar and old poster of him signed.

My gosh he looks rough !!!!

Did I ever tell you guys that I was the son of Charley Pride and Minnie Pearl....they call me "Pearl's Pride !!!!

mark tssb

RVL Saratoga said:
I was the LAST kid on my block to own a CD player. I really do prefer the warmer analog sound. And, much of my record collection doesn't exist on CD. Bring back vinyl and straight-razors!
Robert

Yeah! I love Vinyl, too. Its a fuller, warmer sound, to be sure. CD's just can't quite match it, IMHO. That hasn't stopped me from buying lots of CD's, though.

My home set up features a Technics SL1200 (left over from my very short lived dj days in college -- sold the other one) with a Stanton Trackmaster 2 SK (Spherical) needle.

My portable set up features a Sony AM/FM Cassette Walkman with a pair of American Airlines headphones... gotta love those airplane headphones :smile:

RVG

for xmas i got my girlfriend a cowon iaudio x5 with 20gb of space.

it is more a high end gadget than it is an mp3 player...

I plan on purchasing a 2gb Ipod Nano before I ship back out...sure is alot of money for something so small. Im curious if there is anything else just as good thats cheaper.

I picked up a 1GB scandisk for $99.99 and it sounds good and works just as well, my only complaint is ripping music to windows media is so slow compared to itunes.

Top Bottom