What's new

Portable Hand Pump Espresso Machine

Read the post, It wasn't an enquiry, I have one.. It was just to make other people aware of them as they are amazing, and no I have no affiliation with the company.

That Espresso Forge looks a bit industrial and interesting. (Looks like they will be back in production in March 2018). But is it not a little tall? Meaning would a 5 foot tall person not have some difficultly reaching up and getting enough downward force without tipping the thing over? I like that it has a pressure gauge and have sometimes wondered what it might take to tap into the side of my ROK and install one, though after using it more I realized it that would be more out of a curiosity than provide any real help towards making a shot.

I would like to take the Forge and Flair models for a test drive, but I think/expect the ergonomics of the ROK would still make it a better machine.

That Espresso Forge looks a bit industrial and interesting. (Looks like they will be back in production in March 2018). But is it not a little tall? Meaning would a 5 foot tall person not have some difficultly reaching up and getting enough downward force without tipping the thing over? I like that it has a pressure gauge and have sometimes wondered what it might take to tap into the side of my ROK and install one, though after using it more I realized it that would be more out of a curiosity than provide any real help towards making a shot.

I would like to take the Forge and Flair models for a test drive, but I think/expect the ergonomics of the ROK would still make it a better machine.
The Espresso Forge stands about 22" tall on it's tripod, and about 33" tall with the plunger all the way up. I am 5' 9" and have no issues using it on the kitchen table. The pressure gauge is most helpful in dialing in a shot. On a side note, one needs a grinder that can go extremely fine to enjoy this unit. Once dialed in, it does make an amazing shot... :thumbup:

Top Bottom