What's new

Polsilver Review Comrade!

DE BLADE REVIEW-

Blade Name: Polsilver Super Iridium

Cost per 5 pack: $2.50 - $2.75

Pros: Longest lasting blade I've ever tried. I can easily get 5 three-pass shaves out of these, and then I throw the blade out. I then feel guilty because I know I could've probably gotten 5 more out of this gem.

Cons: Cost. These are on the higher priced end when compared to most double edge blades on the market today.

First Pass: I always find the first pass of this blade to be the worst. Like a fine wine, it gets better with each subsequent pass. I thinks it just needs to settle in a bit, because all of the remaining passes are always smooth with very little pull.

Longevity: These things seem to go on forever. That's why for me, the price point isn't that hard of a pill to swallow. Of course you can always buy them in batches of 50 or 100, which in turn brings the price down. Like I said earlier, when I discard this rascal, there is still remaining life in them, but hey, life's short, so change your blade!

Post-Shave: Depending on how hard I want to work, I can get my face BAS with these blades. That's why they are currently my go-to blades.

Other Thoughts: As of current, there are rumors and possibly eastern block propaganda out there, that say these are no longer being made, and once gone, their gone. Some say this is just a price-driven rumor to sell more, while others say they are simply gearing up to being re-packaged by Proctor & Gamble. If anyone knows Mr. Proctor or Mr. Gamble, please call them and get clarification.

I actually get a smoother better shave with the Feather Blade than Polsilvers which nick me up a lot during a shave. As usual YMMV..!

I actually get a smoother better shave with the Feather Blade than Polsilvers which nick me up a lot during a shave. As usual YMMV..!
I find the feathers to lack staying power. A few quick strokes, and their done. Short distance runners if you will, whereas the PolSilvers are the 800 meter guys. That has been my experience with the two.

Interestingly enough I am currently having a shave competition with Polsilver vs Astra. Each one shaving one side of my face. Today was round one, which I gave to Astra. After the fight is over, I'll post the whole thing.

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu

Wow, I suspect that's a very unique perspective.

I purchase them 400 at a time, which makes them in the neighborhood of 17 cents a blade.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
That's one of my very favorite blades. I think I have 1100-1200 squirreled away for the post-industrial epoch.

My favorite blade and the standard I judge others by. Very Sharp and very smooth. Last longer than Perma Sharp Supers which are another favorite of mine.

It is to bad they are being discontinued.

http://www.polsilver-blades.com/

Polsilver Super Iridium Blades

The source of the lowest price in the world for best double edge blades!
​
With great regret, we would like to inform you that the rumors about End of production of Polsilver Super Iridium is true. Our information is that they are not in production as of mid-September. To be able to keep PSI blades in the market as long as possible, we will stop wholesales and prices will be gradually increased over time.

Do most people feel as though the Polsilvers are sharp enough? Currently my three favorite blades in order are:

Gilette Silver Blues.
Polsilver
Red (Israeli) Personas

I bought a bunch off Polsilvers in bulk, and just felt that they really didn't do the business. I tried the Silver Blues and they just seemed to do a better job. I'll, get through the Polsilvers of course, but for date night it's GSB. Personas are a fallback, but as I moved up the blade food chain these were great for me.

Do most people feel as though the Polsilvers are sharp enough? Currently my three favorite blades in order are:

Gilette Silver Blues.
Polsilver
Red (Israeli) Personas

I bought a bunch off Polsilvers in bulk, and just felt that they really didn't do the business. I tried the Silver Blues and they just seemed to do a better job. I'll, get through the Polsilvers of course, but for date night it's GSB. Personas are a fallback, but as I moved up the blade food chain these were great for me.
i find PolSilvers plenty sharp, and I have a heavy beard. I've also tried Personna Reds, which were my favorites until I discovered Polsilver. I've not tried GSB's, but I have them coming in on an order that just shipped. Right now I'm having a "face off" between Polsilver & Astra. The winner will then go up against the winner of Gillete Silver Blue vs Gillete 7 o'clock. What does it for me with the PolSilvers is they stay sharp longer & get better after the first shave.

Top Bottom