What's new

Polo Shirts

My gripe about polo shirts is that when you find a brand you like the fit can change, sometimes drastically, from year to year. I've run into this problem with Lands End polos. Even with their "fit" meter on their website, the fit can vary. One of the reasons other than cost that I occasionally buy polos on eBay is that the sellers list measurements, which is more helpful to determine size. Shirts that I've worn and liked in addition to Lands End are Nordstrom, Eddie Bauer, LL Bean and Costco's Kirkland brand.
There are around ten major manufacturers of everything. Shirts for example: Esquel, TAL, Youngor/Sunrise/Smart, Lever, Lu Thai, Verde, Laguna/Aquarelle, Luenthai. It's the same with Underwear and Polo shirts. They use several suppliers or switch back and forth for the best discount. It's the same for the fabric if the manufacturer is not integrated.

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
I'm not overly fussed about brands, and indeed will avoid big name brands so as to not be sporting a logo. The only logos I tend to have on my clothing is Help4Heroes, or any other charity/non-profit that I choose to support. I avoid clothing with any other logo.

As to pockets, I have with and without, but mostly without.

Sunspel have a 30% off plus an extra 10% promotion. It should have ended yesterday but still on their website. I have grabbed another 4. I finally get to look like Bond...

Sunspel have a 30% off plus an extra 10% promotion. It should have ended yesterday but still on their website. I have grabbed another 4. I finally get to look like Bond...
They have arrived

20200420_120717.jpg

The core of my Polo shirt wardrobe are 5 Sunspel's, 4 John Smedley's, 4 Spier and Mackay's, and 2 Fedeli's.

I wear Ralph Lauren and Brooks Brothers (which I was surprised not to see mentioned here). I have one Lacoste but I have found they have a tendency to shrink in the wash for me.

No,No,No, a pocket on a polo is an old geezer style. Not calling you an old geezer as I'm not 25

With the exception of duty polo shirts, of course, some of which come with pen pockets on the sleeves, and other military or police/security accessories. But for casual wear? No. No pockets. If you want to carry a notebook and pen or pencil, that's fine, I do that too. But I carry those in either my every day bag, or in my trousers pocket.

Top Bottom