What's new

Polo Shirts

Land's End and Eddie Bauer are 2 faves. I have a few really nice ones from Sonoma @ Kohls. I've bought great golf shirt polos at Kohl's for wearing in the summer that are moisture wicking as I sweat a lot (Dockers). They work like a charm and save me all the time from the embarrassment of a back that looks like I got caught in a downpour.

I ordered 4 from Spier and Mackay and 2 from Aurelian. The Spier and Mackay are very good value, although Psycho Bunny feels softer. Aurelian were awful and were returned.

John Smedley sea island cotton are nice. I only have one polo but I wear there t shirts (Belden) most days. Suns-EO also make some nice ones.

I have bought a BR Luxury Touch Polo previously. I wasn't that impressed. The Supima Jersey Polos from LE feel much nicer.

To each his own I guess. I hate hate the polos with the ribbed looking collars. I like my polos to be all made of the same texture. Like i said, odd duck.

I started out with Izod Lacoste polo shirts when I was a kid. Then in my 20s I was wearing Ralph Lauren Polo shirts. More recently, say over the past few years, I'm really liking the Nautica polos. Super soft and they fit nicely. And lots of great colors. I'm old and fat so I find the Ralph Lauren polos to be way to small on me. I like a shirt to fit loose and relaxed. Loose and relaxed, just like me.

My gripe about polo shirts is that when you find a brand you like the fit can change, sometimes drastically, from year to year. I've run into this problem with Lands End polos. Even with their "fit" meter on their website, the fit can vary. One of the reasons other than cost that I occasionally buy polos on eBay is that the sellers list measurements, which is more helpful to determine size. Shirts that I've worn and liked in addition to Lands End are Nordstrom, Eddie Bauer, LL Bean and Costco's Kirkland brand.

Top Bottom