What's new

Poll: Short vs Long Handle?

Poll: Short vs Long Handle?

• Long handle

Votes: 55 28.6%
  • Short handle

Votes: 137 71.4%

• Total voters
For a while, I thought an ATT bronze razor and handle were just 'not for me.' The performance always seemed subpar and I couldn't understand why. One day I decided to try a longer handle with the head - wow, as they say: what a difference. Even more strange, the shorter handle with a different head, titanium of all things; works great too! So... idk, ymmv. (mine surely does!)

I like short handles. In fact I use a iKon travel handle that is about 2.5 inches long.

General_03.JPG

75mm / 3" is long enough. Short and skinny, and light! My tastes were formed by the Gillette ball end and the short version of the chromed brass Merkur handle (Merkur 36 slant). They are highly maneuverable and pressure is a user decision.

These days, I enjoy my Ever-Ready Shovelheads with handles under 3".

Iridian

Cool and slimy
Long and heavy. I prefer to shave steep, for that this is a good match. I also have large enough hands to make a 10cm handle disappear. I never considered my hands large, but seems they are.

I voted short but I enjoy a long handle once in a while as well. Although I don't care for a handle over 4 inches/100 mm.

The only long handled razor I own is my BB 109. After using this razor daily for a couple of months, I feel handicapped when I change to one of my short handled razors. I love my 109 and it's my favorite razor, but in reality I don't have a preference.

All my razors are short handles. I just find them more manoeverable and better for close in work. A long handle just feel too 'clumsy' for my tastes.

The longest handled razor I have is a Slim. Even that is a little too long. That is it's only small drawback in my experience with it.
Same here. The Slim is my longest handle and I appreciate its heft but it's longer than necessary. I share a common bar handle between my Old and NEW gilllettes and it's plenty long. Shorter would be better, but also heavier.
50s Super Speeds are great in the hand. I like the weight and length of my Merkur 34C but I don't really like the razor.

Top Bottom