What's new

Please Read: Mama Bear Soaps

Mama Sue,

I hope that you have a safe trip to Boston and back. I too extend my condolences and best wishes to your father and to your family. Take care.

Marty

Sue. just be strong and hang in there. Ihad a minor heart attack a few weeks ago amd I know what you are going through. We'll keep you and your dad in mind when we pray tonight. God Bless!

Bunker950

Sue,

I'm so sorry to hear about your father's stroke. May God comfort you and heal your father.

In my prayers,
Robert

Sue,

Let peace and calmness be able to enter your heart and the hearts of each of your family members during this trying time.

Here's an update from Sue:

Mama Bear said:
My dad has been moved to a Rehabilitation Hospital in Boston that is run by Harvard Medical Center... he is in good hands. I am going to spend 2 weeks out there.

Please thank all of the guys for all of the support. I have never had so much support during a time like this and it melts my heart.. The B&B guys are the best!

She also mentioned that she feels the thoughts and prayers are working, so let's keep it up. Let her know where there for her!

Sue,

I read this today and thought of your situation:

Isaiah 46:4 Even to your old age I am He, and to gray hairs I will carry you. I have made, and I will bear; I will carry and will save.

We're praying for you and your dad.

I am heading home. I will get all soap orders out by the end of this week and wish to thank you all for your patience with me! On a wonderful note, my father is being released from the Spaulding Rehabilitation Hospital today and going home! Watching him return from the stroke has been a major miracle to me. I could sit with him and watch him get better day to day, sometimes hour to hour. He is up and walking now and not drooling, his speaking is coming back quickly and although his handwriting still suffers, he is expected to return back to normal within a couple of months. They are predicting a 95-100% recovery within 2 months. I am awed at the time I spent with him this past week, watching his return to being a functional dad and person again.

Although my dad was too late for it, if you can get a person to a hospital within an hour of a stroke, they have a shot they can give to them that will reverse the damage almost immediately. I think this is very important to know. My father refused to go in an ambulance, even refused to go to the hospital and had to be dragged there complaining like the stubborn old Irishman he is. Knowing this now, if this should ever happen again, he will go to the hospital immediately. I have to say that I am still awed at his recovery and will never lose the memories of this past week.

Thank you all for your prayers. I will never forget that you all pulled together for me at a time of crisis and offered me your hearts and your prayers. You gents are all a very big part of my life now and I am grateful! I am no where near ready for life without my dad. Thank you all for your prayers and thoughts for myself and my dad...

Bear Hugs!

Sue (Mama Bear)

Wonderful news Sue!! I am happy that you were able to be there with your Dad and help him along his journey of recovery. Good Docs and therapists are truly gifts.

Good that you have reminded everyone about the 'golden hour' in a health crisis. Everyone should also know which of the closest hospitals have top level trauma units and their specialty; cardiac, stroke, burn, etc. Also know symptoms to act on.
Thank you for the update,
the 'other Sue'

Sue, as I say, God looks after all His children in His own special way. I feel in my heart and pray that your dad is on his way to a full, speedy, and healthy recovery.

Jeff

All I can say is Praise the Lord!

Very good to hear from you again. Have a safe journey home.

Top Bottom