What's new

PIX OF WHO YOU ARE, AND YOUR LIFESTYLE (PIX HEAVY)

Raymondmillbrae

Totally bogus
Okay, folks, so here I am...

I've posted quite a few questions on this forum, and also comments.

Figured it was time to introduce myself and post a few pictures of my life, my toys, my hobbies, my love, my passions.

Don't want to stir any anxiety and emotional results...so if you cannot handle it, or are getting triggered...just (slowly) back away from your keyboard, consider it something you THOUGHT you saw...and continue on with your day.

Here is my formal introduction.

I am a born-again Christian, and I love my Lord and Savior, the Christ. I was an Army Ranger for just short of six years. I am also a competitive 3-gunner, and I was chairman of our range for anything multigun. (Rifle, shotgun, pistol). I reload my own boolits, and cast and reload my shotgun slugs. (Pictures attached). I was a bow hunter (I eat a plant-based diet now), but I still love the compound bow and it's intricacies. I am an avid runner and climber. (Bouldering). I lift weights, and I was heavily into obstacle course races. (OCR's). I love Muay Thai boxing, and I grappled for 6 years.

I am also a brewer, and love to brew the dark biers. (Low ABV, and I drink in moderation only).

I pretty much only brew Porters and Stouts for myself, and Juicy/Hazy IPA's for the wifey. (I brewed a "Haze Craze IPA" for the wifey recently, and just kegged a Chocolate Coconut Oatmeal Stout for myself last night. My last awesome brewski was a Chocolate Hazelnut Porter that rocked the neighborhood). I use nitro for my Porters and Stouts.

Me and the wifey recently moved to Roseville (40 minutes north of Sacramento) from the SF Bay Area 3 years ago.

Best decision we have ever made!

We just had a newborn 4 months ago. (Beautiful Oelun is half Peruvian and half Mongolian. We named her after Chinggis Khan's mother, a highly revered woman in the Mongolia culture). So you older daddy's that think your "soldiers" are not swimming long-distance any longer...reassess yourselves!

I found a job doing residential HVAC installs in my area. And at 135-degree's in tight attics, it is brutally, physical, work.

Loving it. Right up my alley!.

Crushing life!

I got into DE shaving recently...and I shave my head as well.

My first razor was a MERKUR 38C Barber Pole.

And my first brush was the MUHLE VIVO badger-hair brush. (Kinda lop-sided, and heavy on one side).

I am currently refining my head and face shaving with this duo. But I am looking for a "heirloom pair" to place in my Master Bedroom as my primary go-to. The former duo will end-up being in the office bathroom. (The Merkur 38C and Muhle VIVO photo is attached).

More to come on my new Master Bedroom duo.

I am considering doing a YouTube review on my razor purchases and soaps/balms...but time will tell the story.

I am learning mucho from this forum. But like everything in life, I need to proof it from what I have learned in life. And I need to evaluate it based on my personal experiences.

Cheers, peeps.

Don't hate me cuz I shave my noggin.

Attachments

• cast lead slugs.jpg
    cast lead slugs.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 51
  • reloading bench.jpg
    reloading bench.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 52
  • rifle.jpg
    rifle.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 50
  • Man Cave 03.jpg
    Man Cave 03.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 51
  • Man Cave 02.jpg
    Man Cave 02.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 47
  • Man Cave 01.jpg
    Man Cave 01.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 42
  • Oelun.jpeg
    Oelun.jpeg
    636.3 KB · Views: 40
  • Office setup.jpeg
    Office setup.jpeg
    514.8 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:
Nice to meet you, @Raymondmillbrae . My name is Sellers and I am a licensed x-ray tech.

Before that, I was a full time artist, which is what I've spent most of my life doing. I had more than a dozen pieces in a gallery for more than a year but eventually it all dried up. So I went back to school and got a new career recently. I'm currently working on my own personal opus, a fantasy series that I'm planning on releasing in some form. Art is my most definable skill and identity and I have been drawing and sculpting since I was a toddler. I've always done it and I always will.

I married the first woman I met on eharmony. I've been in love with her since I met her, but we spent 4 years apart after that. We got married in 2011 and it's one of the great triumphs of my life. We have no kids but we do have 3 pets, a rescue dachshund and 2 stray cats. We love them and they give us a feeling of having our own little tribe.

Fantasy is in ny blood, especially the darker stuff like H.P. Lovecraft. I spent my youth playing a lot of games like Warhammer and D&D, training myself to be a fantasy artist. I also love Rock music and I have a big record collection. My favorite musicians are Black Sabbath, David Bowie, Bauhaus, Judas Priest and Angel Witch.

I have included three of my drawings below. I recently got a tablet and have been producing my work digitally. I love it, but i could use something newer eventually. It's a bit of a dinosaur.

Attachments

• 20200323_200215.jpg
    20200323_200215.jpg
    835 KB · Views: 27
  • 20200128_153042.jpg
    20200128_153042.jpg
    834.5 KB · Views: 29
  • fec4f26d-eb78-49c8-80dd-d01afdb50af7.png
    fec4f26d-eb78-49c8-80dd-d01afdb50af7.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 27
  • sketch1583504396128.png
    sketch1583504396128.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 24
  • cover photo.jpg
    cover photo.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 25
  • IMG_78881.jpg
    IMG_78881.jpg
    416.9 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_81761.jpg
    IMG_81761.jpg
    782.4 KB · Views: 31
  • 20190504_134006-1.jpg
    20190504_134006-1.jpg
    153.5 KB · Views: 34

Raymondmillbrae

Totally bogus
Right-On!

I failed to mention that I am 54 years old, and grew-up with HP. Lovecraft, and many on the macabre fiction writers.

I am an Anime fan, and love a deep, dark, story line.

I am currently watching, BLADE OF THE IMMORTAL on Amazon Prime.

Sick.

Thanks for your openness.

Right-On!

I failed to mention that I am 54 years old, and grew-up with HP. Lovecraft, and many on the macabre fiction writers.

I am an Anime fan, and love a deep, dark, story line.

I am currently watching, BLADE OF THE IMMORTAL on Amazon Prime.

Sick.

Thanks for your openness.
Awesome! I will have to check that out! I'm sure I would love it. Vampire Hunter D is one of my favorite things of all time. I also loved Ninja Scroll and Demon City Shinjuku back in the day.

Have you ever read Clark Ashton Smith? His work was out of print for many decades, but he's recently seen print again. He's just as good as Lovecraft most of the time and the two were good friends. The man knows how to write dark fantasy better than almost anyone.

Oelun is adorable, BTW!

Nice bio, Raymond! I just finished commenting on a reply to one of my posts from @dmshaver who appropriately stated "We don't just share shaving, we share life." Clearly your post is very much in that spirit.

As for myself, I am 55 (and aging fast), live in Tempe, AZ. I done a good number of things in my life, worn a few different hats, and am now very comfortable wearing whatever hat suits me for a given day. I grew up reading sci-fi and watching Bugs Bunny, playing basketball and riding my skateboard.

When the muse strikes I still write now and again. I've had a series of short stories published (not sfi-fi), and have electronically published two others. Anyone bored out of their skulls while stuck at home can likely find me as J.W. Nicklaus.

I enjoy cooking but not the clean-up, and enjoy upcycling shipping palettes and other scrap wood when a project comes to mind. Made my own 'rustic' shave supply storage unit last year and it serves me very well.

I can be pretty reserved, but resonate well with the axiom 'still waters run deep'.

My first DE razor was a Christmas gift from my son, a Van Der Hagen TTO and a tin of their Reserve Blend cream with a horsehair brush. A couple months later I got a Merkur 38C and it's still my daily driver. My son is currently serving in the Navy, stationed in Naples, Italy; he's excited to be getting out soon. I'm incredibly proud of the young man he's become.

Perhaps far more than anyone cared to know about me . . . but, when in Rome . . .

IMG_0098.jpgIMG_1218.jpegIMG_0400.jpegePub book cover.jpgThe Light the Dark.pngTAOHR.pngIMG_0970.jpg

Raymond, great Bio. Thanks for your service. Your daughter is beautiful. I love that you and your wife chose a Mongolian name with historical meaning.

Nice bio, Raymond! I just finished commenting on a reply to one of my posts from @dmshaver who appropriately stated "We don't just share shaving, we share life." Clearly your post is very much in that spirit.

As for myself, I am 55 (and aging fast), live in Tempe, AZ. I done a good number of things in my life, worn a few different hats, and am now very comfortable wearing whatever hat suits me for a given day. I grew up reading sci-fi and watching Bugs Bunny, playing basketball and riding my skateboard.

When the muse strikes I still write now and again. I've had a series of short stories published (not sfi-fi), and have electronically published two others. Anyone bored out of their skulls while stuck at home can likely find me as J.W. Nicklaus.

I enjoy cooking but not the clean-up, and enjoy upcycling shipping palettes and other scrap wood when a project comes to mind. Made my own 'rustic' shave supply storage unit last year and it serves me very well.

I can be pretty reserved, but resonate well with the axiom 'still waters run deep'.

My first DE razor was a Christmas gift from my son, a Van Der Hagen TTO and a tin of their Reserve Blend cream with a horsehair brush. A couple months later I got a Merkur 38C and it's still my daily driver. My son is currently serving in the Navy, stationed in Naples, Italy; he's excited to be getting out soon. I'm incredibly proud of the young man he's become.

Perhaps far more than anyone cared to know about me . . . but, when in Rome . . .

View attachment 1092670View attachment 1092671View attachment 1092672View attachment 1092673View attachment 1092674View attachment 1092675View attachment 1092677

Great to meet you and great to hear about your honorable son. I used to work with a guy who was on Navy deployment for two years. It was a great experience but after a while he was ready to be done. Great woodworking and good luck with your writing. It's nice to learn about all the talented people here on B&B.

View attachment 1092670View attachment 1092671View attachment 1092672View attachment 1092673View attachment 1092674View attachment 1092675View attachment 1092677
Good to know more about you, Jeff.

Top Bottom