What's new

Pitralon scents?

I've been doing a lot of reading on the various Pitralon scents both on B&B and off. Lots of reviews talk about face feel and other attributes, but I only care about scent. I can read the notes descriptions, but they don't really give ne a feel for how they actually smell. I'm curious to hear your impressions of what they smell like. What are the dominant notes you smell? What do you like/dislike about the scent? Is it similar to anything else you might have tried, or remind you of anything?

I'm trying to figure out what to buy. I know, the correct answer is all of them, and eventually I probably will. But want to start off small. Based on what I've read, Classic seems to be right up my alley, as I love woody and earthy tones, similar to Agua Brava.

Pitralon (Swiss)

Top:
Banana, ylang ylang, geranium, rose, lilac, eucalyptus and Norway spruce.
Middle: Ylang ylang, lemongrass, rose, lilac, lily of the valley, aniseed and conifer.
Base: Ylang ylang and vanilla.
proxy.php

Pitralon Pure (Austrian)
Top:
Green fruits complex, pineapple, lemon and lavender.
Middle: Geranium, ylang-ylang, lilac, jasmine and cloves.
Base: Heliotrope, vanilla, Tonka beans, cedar wood, amber, sandalwood and musk.

proxy.php

Pitralon Polar (Austrian)

Top:
Bergamot and an aroma incorporating a powerful, fresh, limey, sweet citrus and floral fragrance.
Middle: Cedar wood and vetiver.
Base: Musk and amber.

proxy.php

Pitralon Classic (German)
Top:
Green notes, lemon, bergamot, mandarin, lavender and pineapple.
Middle: Sage, pepper, coriander, cyclamen, rose, lily of the valley, jasmine, orchid, iris and cloves.
Base: Cedar wood, vetiver, patchouli, sandalwood, leather, oakmoss and musk.

proxy.php

Pitralon F (Czech)
Notes???

proxy.php

Last edited:
Pitralon is one of those brands I've wanted to sniff and try out for a while.
I've wondered if the Swiss version (first one listed in the original post) is anything like B&M rhapsody, or CRSW tropicos. To me those both share some very similar notes and seem like the Pitralon Swiss could be in the same vein.

My nose is terrible but I'll give it a go... I've only used the Classic. What comes through most noticably to me, and what I like the best about it, is the cedar base and then something pleasant on top..I guess I could buy it as a citrusy lavender kinda scent based on those descriptions. A cousin to the Speick scent. But there is something on the back end/cool down of the smell that I'm not a huge fan of..it takes that sweetness and just pushes it into something that's overly sweet.. Maybe it's just too much floral/musk combo, hard for me to tell.

To my nose...

German (Classic): Mainly cedar and pine.

Swiss (Original): Peach, rose, banana custard.

Can't exactly recall the other Pits, but remember not liking them as much as the above two.

Last edited:
German (Classic): Predominantly cedar and pine.
Swiss: Peach, rose, ylang-ylang, banana.

Can't exactly recall the other Pits, but remember not liking them as much as the above two.
Those are the two I'm likely to try first.

UGH!! Currently on the 2018 purchase sabbatical. :a13::a13::a13:

These are definitely on the 'to try' list for 2019/2020. Thanks guys!

Swiss I get pear, banana, and ylang ylang. Kind of odd, but it works for me.

Pure to me smells similar to the Swiss, stronger but with more going on. I get a hint of cedar and musk.

Classic - Cedar, Pine and a musk or something that's on the backend. I don't really care for it.

Polar is next on my list to try.

I like the Swiss and the Pure. Both seem to me to be kind of off the wall scents. The Swiss is great after a shave that was a little too close.

Top Bottom