What's new

Pipe Pouch PIF

I have been on the receiving end of many a tobacco bounty. So I'd like to move that good karma forward.

I have this "Savinelli" pipe pouch. Bought it on eBay from China and it has served me well. I just don't use it any more. It holds two pipes and has an inside compartment along with a removable tobacco pouch that's magnetic.

proxy.php

Included are two pipes both previously smoked.

proxy.php

One is a Duncan Hill Canadian shaped 1992 Christmas pipe. It has an aero sphere on the side that's supposed to cool down the smoke. It has been a great pipes for Virginias (and Briar Fox!)

The other is a Chris Morgan Bones bent Acorn. I've only smoked this pipe a couple of times. I recently got another Bones that I like much more so this is being passed on.

proxy.php

The requirements to win this are that you must have a brown leaf badge. And that you must tell me a custom blend you would like to make for yourself. Tell me the components, the cut, flavorings (if any) and how you would tin it (Dunhill style, Comoy's style, Samuel Gawith style, etc). You also have to give it a name. Get as creative as you want.

I'll close this PIF tomorrow at 10pm EST. the winner will be drawn randomly. I will ship CONUS no charge and will allow our Canadian brothers to enter if they agree to pay for shipping.

Good luck my friends!

I'm in. Given how much I'm enjoying Orion's Arrow, Haunted Bookshop and Pegasus, my custom mix would be something along the lines of 25% Perique, 25% Turkish, 25% Pegasus, 25% Red Virginia. I'd like it in a coin a la Luxury Bullseye Flake, with Perique in the middle, next layer Pegasus, next layer Turkish, and the final layer the VA. For the packaging, I'm partial to the poker chip box style. As for the name, I think it would be Pit Bull Flake, in honor of my pit bull that is strong, sweet and has tons of personality.

Very nice PIF. Not in as I'm neither in Us or Canada but mostly because I don't have the imagination for making a custom blend :blush:. Anyway looking forward seeing what people will come up with.

Hirsute

Used to have fun with Commander Yellow Pantyhose
Sweet PIF! Not in, but someone is going to score!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm in. I'd go with something English in a crumble cake. Maybe 45% latakia, 30% English, 15% Orientals, 10% black Cavendish with an anise topping. Call it Silk Road.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Not in, but this is a fantastic PIF, Andrew. As to a blend, I wouldn't know where to begin with proportions. I need some Virginia, Latakia, and Oriental (that is a must) to play around with.

Kilroy6644

Smoking a corn dog in aviators and a top hat
I'm in. My blend would be 50% Red Virginia, 25% Yellow Virginia, and 25% Perique, with a generous dose of Pusser's Rum. It would be a plug, in a deep tin like 3P's. I would call it Dreadnought Plug, with a picture of the HMS Dreadnought on the label.

Not in, just a tip o' the cap to you, Andrew, for a very generous PIF.

Since you were asking, though, it'd be 7 parts Solani Silver to 1 part long leaf perique. It would be a plug, and it'd be called St. James Silver. And I just took it out of the press last week. And a 1 oz. cut off the plug has been jarred separately so as not to disturb the aging of the rest when it goes to the Vegas Pipe Show in November.

Hirsute

Used to have fun with Commander Yellow Pantyhose
Not in, just a tip o' the cap to you, Andrew, for a very generous PIF.

Since you were asking, though, it'd be 7 parts Solani Silver to 1 part long leaf perique. It would be a plug, and it'd be called St. James Silver. And I just took it out of the press last week. And a 1 oz. cut off the plug has been jarred separately so as not to disturb the aging of the rest when it goes to the Vegas Pipe Show in November.

Dear god in heaven...

Sounds like the best reason yet for Andrew to come to Las Vegas!

I'm in! I'm liking a mildly aromatic blend called log cabin lately. I think maybe a little blending in of syrian latakia might give some nice smokiness to it. It should then be pressed into a peterson perfect plug type format.

I would name it: "alex's possibly amazing blend of awesomeness, (or 'the things you'll say to win a PIF')"

Since it is such a long title, it will only be available in gallon sized paint cans so that can the title can be fit in the tin.

Ok, so I know nothing about blending...This won't disqualify me right?!

I'm in! The pipes and pouch look like something that would be right at home in my collection.

1) Cut: Flake/kake/plug. I like the ease of a flake, but I like the portion control from a kake/plug.
2) Components (in order of greatest to least in volume): Red/yellow Virginia, Perique, Latakia, Oriental (maybe some burley)
3) Packaging: Standard pull-top can.
4) Name: The Elmiran (after the town I'm from)

The only thing I'd add is that it would have to be medium in strength at MOST. I'm not a big fan of vitamin-N heavy blends.

A very nice PIF, Andrew! I am not in. However, I will submit what I wouldn't mind blending and smoking:

55% Red Virginia
30% Bright Virginia
15% Perique
Cased with Pusser's Navy Rum

I would have it pressed into plugs and call it Goat Locker Plug.

Not in.

As for the blend, I'd kind of want to do a GH&C version of Glynn's Swamp Flower. So, you take some of the burley and VA from Ennerdale, combine it with some Kentucky, add a hefty dose of Perique, and then top it off the secret Ennerdale Sauce. Served broken flake style. Mmmmmmm... Swamperdale.

Just got out of work. PIF is closed. Going to do a random number generator now on my phone.

Top Bottom