What's new

GIVEAWAY! Pipe PIF!

Hey all, was PIF'd a wonderful 2003 Grabow collector during last PIFsmas that just isn't for me. It's an amazing smoker but I prefer a smooth finished pipe instead of the sandblasted or rusticated finish. Pictures below.

To enter simply say "I'm in". To keep it interesting share something that you've had previously that worked as intended but just wasn't the right fit for you.

Will run this through Sunday at 8pm PST and then will pick a winner. The pipe will go out Monday or Tuesday depending on my work schedule.

Good luck all!

Attachments

• C21190AA-C757-440D-B937-CD1E1F7E2DC7.jpeg.jpg
    C21190AA-C757-440D-B937-CD1E1F7E2DC7.jpeg.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 38
  • FBEF04FC-835F-4061-B359-C2D41DA093A5.jpeg.jpg
    FBEF04FC-835F-4061-B359-C2D41DA093A5.jpeg.jpg
    990.5 KB · Views: 39

seabee1999

On the lookout for new chicks
Wonderful PIF for a handsome pipe. Not in but thanks for the opportunity to receive it. Best of luck to all who enter.

I'm a newb here, so I don't know if I have enough time in to be eligible for this. But of all my pipes I find my Grabow Starfires to be my go to pipes. I've used my Omega for decades (I took it with me on deployment way back when) but the filter experience is not the best for me. I seem to always end up gurgling with the filter.

My biggest disappointment has been my GBD Century. It's a fine pipe, but I find the large bowl to be a challenge to smoke well. I bought it 'estate' in a little shop in Buffalo, NY back when I was in college as my second pipe.

I was working as an ARNG recruiting aid and was set up in a mall next to pipe shop handing out business cards and swag while extolling the virtues of the service. I saw it there and loved the look of it so I picked it up. I probably should take the time to learn how to smoke it correctly.

So, I would like to be in if I'm eligible.

I'm in. New guy to the forum and actually love the rusticated versions. I have a Dr. Grabow Royal Duke that's a great smoker. I also have a no name Italian that has a bigger bowl and has a bend similar to the one pictured . The thing that worked fine but just wasn't for me was my wife's Nissan Altima. Couldn't get in and out of the darn thing. Oh it was fine for her, she's 5 foot nuthin, but you put a normal size person in there and it just don't work.

Last edited:

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I'm in. New guy to the forum and actually love the rusticated versions. I have a Dr. Grabow Royal Duke that's a great smoker. I also have a no name Italian that has a bigger bowl and has a bend similar to the one pictured . The thing that worked fine but just wasn't for me was my wife's Nissan Altima. Couldn't get in and out of the darn thing. Oh it was fine for her, she's 5 foot nuthin, but you put a normal size person in there and it just don't work.
My lovely War Department has washed her Toyota Yaris I think.

That and the high temps this past week or so must've shrunk it, because I drove it to church today and nearly swore gettin' in and out of that thing!

Congratulations @DogLeg , and if I haven't already, welcome to Badger and Blade, my home away from home!

@DogLeg PM me your address and I'll get this out to you on Tuesday. Since this is hosted on a shaving forum there's a good chance I'll drop in some shave gear to help fill the box.
Thank you! I was quite started to see this as I was enjoying my morning smoke (Lane BCA in a La Rocca bent). I'll fire off that PM right away.

I think I have achieved the requisite number of posts. But it seems there must be a time limit or something. I just discovered that my mower is piddling fuel from the carb vent when I went out to take a picture of this morning's pipe for a post. I'm going to go address that now before it gets unpleasant. Maybe when I get back I'll be able to send the message.

Top Bottom