What's new

Pipe PIF

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
Thanks, again, Vlad, for the PIF, and thanks for the, "congrats," everyone!

I still had a few progress pictures of this pipe. I wanted you all to see what a sweet pipe this is. Awesome PIF Vlad!

It looks like you did a beautiful job, alpster! I'd signed up for the Brown Leaf badge right before the Sue Moore Auction because of the level of artfulness that some of these pipes can be. I've come across about 50-60 pipes in a local antique store, but have decided to pass on all of them. I'm sure some of them are nice pieces, but they just didn't have that elegance that you achieved in your restoration of this pipe. I don't know what it looked like beforehand, but it looks absolutely stunning judging by your and Vlad's photos!

Last edited:

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
I received the pipe today! It looks and feels absolutely beautiful. I haven't had a chance to swing by a local tobacco shop, yet, but I plan on doing that tomorrow, so I'll probably have a chance to smoke out of it tomorrow evening. I'll post once I do.

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
I don't know much about pipes, but I can't think of anything that I didn't like about this one. My first ever pipe experience was a success. I packed about a half a bowl of Early Morning Pipe (which was given to me, along with some other goodies, by one of our generous Stewards) into it and had no trouble lighting it and keeping it lit. I only had to relight once after about a five-minute break. It was a very enjoyable and relaxing experience.

Thanks, once again, Vlad!

$IMG_20160319_164930062.jpg

:thumbup:

I don't know much about pipes, but I can't think of anything that I didn't like about this one. My first ever pipe experience was a success. I packed about a half a bowl of Early Morning Pipe (which was given to me, along with some other goodies, by one of our generous Stewards) into it and had no trouble lighting it and keeping it lit. I only had to relight once after about a five-minute break. It was a very enjoyable and relaxing experience.

Thanks, once again, Vlad!

View attachment 645855

I have a Digby road which is a gbd second that is just like this pipe it also gurgles. I have learned if I blow through every so often, maybe more,like,breath not blow, the gurgle stops it is a great way to clear the moisture. This was a tip from Dan at paul's pipe shop.

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
I'm just going to bump this thread. This pipe might need to be passed on to another Brown Leafer in the next week or two. :biggrin1: I'll post the appropriate thread when the time comes.

Last edited:
I haven't seen Vlad in the Leaf for a while. Apparently, he just does these awesome drive-by PIFs and runs back across the tracks to the Straight Razor forum.

Good show, sir. :thumbup1:

That's just what I thought when I seen the post. Great to see you again Vlad! Hope all is well in your world.

NOT in - this needs to go to a newbie, and we've been fortunate to have gained several lately.

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
That's just what I thought when I seen the post. Great to see you again Vlad! Hope all is well in your world.

NOT in - this needs to go to a newbie, and we've been fortunate to have gained several lately.

I was afraid this would happen!!! :lol: I was just resurrecting the thread because I'm going to pass the pipe on in the next few week!

Top Bottom