What's new

Pipe Of The Day (POTD)

A Tony Warner Dublin with some Northwoods

$PicsArt_1418008425964.jpg

Penzance in a Peterson Shannon 999. The Postman just had dropped off the Penzance as I was in the middle of a bowl of FMC. I put it down and immediately grabbed the first pipe that was on the rack. Finally, I get to try the Penzance. Now I know what all the hooplah is about. This is truly an exceptional, high quality, and interesting blend. The bag note was one of plum, raisin and other fruit I can't identify yet. The first retrohale brought out a sweet-spicy fragrant note that was like nothing I had ever experienced. Guess this was worth the trouble to get after all.

Kilroy6644

Smoking a corn dog in aviators and a top hat
Captain Black Royal in a Dr. Grabow Omega. I made myself grab something other than Penzance. I want that to last a while. :pipe:

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
No there is nothing like it. This why Brian gave you the samples for free. The first hit is always free, soon you will be out stealing hubcaps while Brian stands on a corner in a trench coat with bags of Penzance and Stonehaven taped inside. Sometimes he operates out of the trunk of a 69 Buick Electra. :shifty:
I think that why I like Penzance is why I like DE Meat Pie- the orientals.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I have no first-hand experience, but I have seen it stated by a certified Penzance junkie that Drew Estate Meat Pie is similar and "almost" as good.
I think it is due to the Orientals. I know I owe you a sample, and will get it out soon.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
What a day! The little girl who I am tutoring in Japanese has been having some major misfortunes. Her father's business literally burned to the ground. He raised cattle and the barn caught fire and now he's out of a job with no insurance on the barn and has to pay for the disposal of over 10 dead cows to be transported to Aomori Prefecture(over 200 miles away)

Needless to say she's in pieces after being traumatized seeing and hearing that ( barn was next to her house) but thankfully nobody was hurt.

So lessons are on hold and I'm going to be her psychologist for the next couple of weeks because no one aside from her mother can speak Spanish.

View attachment 524839

Managed to finish lesson plans for the AM classes tomorrow and am putting down some glasses of shochu puffing on some SOTE bulk in a Ciro reverse calabash morta.
Just be the guy you are, Andrew. Life can be tough, and when the going gets tough kids appreciate those who are strong.

DE Meatpie in a Peterson's Rocky bent bulldog.

Someone here said they heard that Meatpie might be close to Penzance. The Meatpie is more like Penzance's kid brother. While it has some of the characteristics of Penzance, it does not have quite the amount of Orientals, nor the strength. It is a mild and easy smoke with good flavor, though. Penzance is in a class by itself.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
DE Meatpie in a Peterson's Rocky bent bulldog.

Someone here said they heard that Meatpie might be close to Penzance. The Meatpie is more like Penzance's kid brother. While it has some of the characteristics of Penzance, it does not have quite the amount of Orientals, nor the strength. It is a mild and easy smoke with good flavor, though. Penzance is in a class by itself.
I would be the guilty party. Your assessment is right on target. It reminds me of why i love Penzance, and is available enough for daily smoking

I would be the guilty party. Your assessment is right on target. It reminds me of why i love Penzance, and is available enough for daily smoking
Owen, hope I didn't make you feel guilty. You were only passing on what you heard., and it made me want to make the comparison. I agree with you on your reasons for why to smoke both. Right now I'm smoking DE's Grand Central. A mild Aro that is quite good. Very nice for a change of pace.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Owen, hope I didn't make you feel guilty. You were only passing on what you heard., and it made me want to make the comparison. I agree with you on your reasons for why to smoke both. Right now I'm smoking DE's Grand Central. A mild Aro that is quite good. Very nice for a change of pace.
Oh, i meant guilty in a good way. I enjoy being an Acquisition Consultant.

Top Bottom