What's new

Pipe Of The Day (POTD)

seabee1999

On the lookout for new chicks
I like the name "Detective's Blend," but the website for the Briar Shoppe (in Houston?) lists a few pipes for sale and nothing about tobacco. is that the right place?
Yes, it is the same shop. Last October I went to rhe Houston/College Station area to visit my nieces. Before I left it was shared with me that the shop is waning and somewhat dying a slow death. Even when I was there, there wasn’t much on the shelves. The blend itself is really good, a mild Va/Per. If I remember correctly, the component tobaccos are rubbed out Va Slices, perique and a matured red Va. Try calling the shop. They did say they ship. Detective’s Blend is a house blend for them.

Festive wishes for @SwamperWI! May the celebrations continue for the next 364 days!

This morning is my first smoke of C & D Pegasus in my storied Mastercraft straight billiard. Ten minutes' smoke has already told me that it's quite enjoyable, but my mouth has a little bit of a tingle -- warning me that ten minutes is plenty to start with.

Yes, it is the same shop. Last October I went to rhe Houston/College Station area to visit my nieces. Before I left it was shared with me that the shop is waning and somewhat dying a slow death. Even when I was there, there wasn’t much on the shelves. The blend itself is really good, a mild Va/Per. If I remember correctly, the component tobaccos are rubbed out Va Slices, perique and a matured red Va. Try calling the shop. They did say they ship. Detective’s Blend is a house blend for them.
DB sounds intriguing, but the one blend I've tried so far with perique, the famed Haunted Bookshop, did not appeal to me at all.

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
A very pleasant 2:1 mix of Lakeland Dark and Firedance in a Parker... which I can't easily attribute to a pattern.

IMG_20240517_111726.jpg

It was sold as a "Pot", but it's too tall and narrow chambered to be that. At 110mm long, it is a short pipe, but too long to be a nose warmer. A short round saddle stem would lend itself to Lovat, but the shank probably isn't long enough to meet the definition either. Whatever it is, it smokes perfectly.

I'm thinking Lovat might still be the best fit, but I'm open to suggestions. Thoughts?

This dark rainy Saturday morning, I have no idea what I'm smoking. See, I have an empty square tin that once held Capstan Blue. Now it holds leftovers, bits of mixtures I've done that shouldn't go back into the tins or bags of the original components. This mix has Stirling Flake in it, maybe a little cigar leaf, probably some Capstan, possibly a little burley. Whatever it is, it's a good morning smoke.

The pipe? The heavy-bowled Keyser straight billiard with military mount.

That's a cast deck. Love it.
The deck is cast, but its Magnesium and so is the grass chute going to the bag (the grass cute is a rare find in Magnesium BTW). The deck is virtually indestructible as far as deck rot, the only down side is you need to be careful not to stand on the deck to hard when starting as it will crack in the middle over time. I wouldn't hold a blow torch to it since it will catch fire and burn quite brightly lol :sosp::lol1:

Larry

Top Bottom