What's new

Pipe cleaners

Mike H

Instagram Famous
Is it a Peterson System pipe?

$Peterson_cutaway.jpg

Commander Quan

Commander Yellow Pantyhose
Depending on how tight the bends are some pipes just won't pass a cleaner. If you take the stem off can you pass a cleaner all the way through it? If so it may be getting hung up where the mortise meets the draft hole. Putting a slight bend in the cleaner 1/2 inch from the end and poking it back and forth whole you twist sometimes you can work it down into the draft hole but again with a full bend sometimes it just doesn't work. I have an Oom Paul that won't pass a cleaner no matter what.

Depending on how tight the bends are some pipes just won't pass a cleaner. If you take the stem off can you pass a cleaner all the way through it? If so it may be getting hung up where the mortise meets the draft hole. Putting a slight bend in the cleaner 1/2 inch from the end and poking it back and forth whole you twist sometimes you can work it down into the draft hole but again with a full bend sometimes it just doesn't work. I have an Oom Paul that won't pass a cleaner no matter what.

This is great advice. Also, check your ends; many pipe-cleaners have been cut with dull shears and have a little bend or burr on the ends that can catch the plastic, and if there is a lip at the facing of the tenon, it can stop it all together.
If your still having issues, try a bit of spit (or water if you're anti-saliva) on the first quarter-inch of your pipe-cleaners. I've got a couple of pipes that require this.

Thanks for the tips. I think I have one of those that you just cannot get anything to work.

I got it. Straitened out a paper clip and worked trough whatever was built up in the bend. Then like Commander Quan said put a slight bend and worked it around.

Last edited:
Top Bottom