What's new

Pinaud Eau de Quinine follow-up

Shaving brothers, a while back I asked about Pinaud Eau de Quinine hair tonic and whether or not it could be used as an AS. I did buy some, and wanted to share how much I like it. Those who recommended it were right. As others said, it does have a slight cherry pipe tobacco kind of scent, maybe some mild powdery kind of vibe as well - really pleasant and smooth. Not greasy or oily at all, so it works well as an AS for me. The only downside is that it has a red color that could get on your clothes (similar to Aqua Velva's blue dye, it seems). I have not found that it was a problem once it had a moment to dry, but do be careful with that.

I have a pint bottle from the 60s , I use it as an aftershave as well, not greasy at all.
$zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzgtdhtki.jpg

Years ago, I purchased the Eau de Quinine and the Eau de Portugal hair tonics and used both as an aftershave. I liked both, but not enough to repurchase, mostly due to the fact that I am always exploring something new. Portugal is a bright citrus scent, but it is fleeting.

The Quinine is a very pleasant scent and is decently unique. I may look into getting another bottle one day.

Top Bottom