What's new

Pinaud Citrus Musk, Do You Like It

I recently tried Pinaud Citrus Musk and I really love it. It feels good on my face, and I like the scent.
I would like to hear more comments on this if you have tried it. Good or bad, let me know what your think about it.

Musk.jpg

I sniffed it at a store and although not bad it wasn’t my thing. Too much window cleaner lemony vibe to me.
No wait a minute!

I think it was Lime sec, not citrus musk that I didn’t enjoy. I’m almost sure now. 🤔

Damn, I’ll head to the store tomorrow, you enablers.

By the way, anybody could shed a light on how these two compare?

My favorite Pinaud, by a large margin, is Clubman!! Although the others are worth a try IMO.

:a29::a29:

(Guess I am simply boring!!)

I'll sometimes dilute it a bit with an unscented aftershave to tone it down some. Also, it can mix fairly well with Gabel's Bay Rum (you don't need much).

Pinaud Citrus Musk and I really love it.... Good or bad, let me know what your think about it

OK, I will take you up on that, I will tell you what I think about it..

First a disclaimer: I am one of those persons that is basically allergic to perfumes and artificial smells. There are a lot of us like that in the world, and we never can understand why you "perfume types" force us to endure your odors. After all, the air on the planet is a "public place", why a certain group of folks think they have the right to capture it and pollute it for everyone else reflects a selfish self centered mentality.

I have previously posted the following link, but if you missed it you might have a look: Here is some reading (yes it is technical stuff, but you can trudge through it anyway, from NIH National Library of Medicine) . The article is one of many that discuss the hazards of “perfume chemistry” in the general population. You might find it of interest.

Between attraction and avoidance: from perfume application to fragrance-free policies - Between attraction and avoidance: from perfume application to fragrance-free policies - https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7366882/

Now about your Musk, which is one of the most persistent and offensive odors in common use: Musk is specifically used in perfume chemistry because of its "persistence:.. Once you disperse it in the atmosphere it settles on objects and is almost impossible to get rid of. That is why one of its uses is in products like GAIN, where persistence is the goal. So after you spray yourself with Pinaud Musk I have to put up with it long after you have left the subway train, thanks a lot buddy !

Musk is an aromatic substance sourced from various animals, like the gland secretions of musk deer or the vomit of sperm whales.

Over time, the use of natural musk has shifted towards synthetic alternatives. These artificial musks not only replicate the original scent but also provide a more ethical and sustainable option in modern fragrance creation. Muscone is the synthetic substitute commonly used to replicate the musk scent. 🤢

OK, I will take you up on that, I will tell you what I think about it..

First a disclaimer: I am one of those persons that is basically allergic to perfumes and artificial smells. There are a lot of us like that in the world, and we never can understand why you "perfume types" force us to endure your odors. After all, the air on the planet is a "public place", why a certain group of folks think they have the right to capture it and pollute it for everyone else reflects a selfish self centered mentality.

I have previously posted the following link, but if you missed it you might have a look: Here is some reading (yes it is technical stuff, but you can trudge through it anyway, from NIH National Library of Medicine) . The article is one of many that discuss the hazards of “perfume chemistry” in the general population. You might find it of interest.

Between attraction and avoidance: from perfume application to fragrance-free policies - Between attraction and avoidance: from perfume application to fragrance-free policies - https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7366882/

Now about your Musk, which is one of the most persistent and offensive odors in common use: Musk is specifically used in perfume chemistry because of its "persistence:.. Once you disperse it in the atmosphere it settles on objects and is almost impossible to get rid of. That is why one of its uses is in products like GAIN, where persistence is the goal. So after you spray yourself with Pinaud Musk I have to put up with it long after you have left the subway train, thanks a lot buddy !

Musk is an aromatic substance sourced from various animals, like the gland secretions of musk deer or the vomit of sperm whales.

Over time, the use of natural musk has shifted towards synthetic alternatives. These artificial musks not only replicate the original scent but also provide a more ethical and sustainable option in modern fragrance creation. Muscone is the synthetic substitute commonly used to replicate the musk scent. 🤢

I recommend you do not use this aftershave.

It’s better than their Veg, I’ve got to say. Amusing thread. Pinaud scents really polarise the community.

OK, first use today. I splashed it vigorously and you can definitely put me in the like it camp.

I didn’t have any citrus AS, so this is a nice addition and it paired nicely with ARKO. I can see it working great with my ADP colonia or Dior eau Sauvage.

Top Bottom