What's new

PIF — Personna German Reds

Hello everyone,

I joined this forum literally just today and people have already been so helpful that I'm moved to offer a PIF. I had a question in the thread linked below about a box of blades I had just bought. I thought I was ordering Personna Lab Blues, but what I got turned out to be German-made Personna/Edgewell blades (like Israeli Reds, but manufactured in Germany, I learned in the thread):

The included photos show my confusion... the listing showed "Made in USA" so I thought these were the lab blues, but this must have been an error. I tried one so I can't return them, and I'd rather PIF the remaining 99 than let them collect dust in my closet.

The responses in that thread were super helpful and I encourage anyone confused about the various Personna blades to check them out—I certainly learned a lot. I tried one of these and they don't really work well for me (confirmed they seem like the Israeli-made Reds I had once tried from a sample pack) so I can offer this box of 99 blades to anyone who likes the German/Israeli Reds. I'll pick a recipient tomorrow (2/4) at Noon EST and will pay postage within the US. The selection will be random, but I'll double-enter the members who were so patient and gracious in answering my questions if they choose to participate.

Attachments

• Personna - 4.jpeg
    Personna - 4.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 28
  • Personna - 3.jpeg
    Personna - 3.jpeg
    1,015.7 KB · Views: 32
  • Personna - 2.jpeg
    Personna - 2.jpeg
    315.6 KB · Views: 34
  • Personna - 1.jpeg
    Personna - 1.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 31
Welcome aboard! Great PIF!

Personna’s product line is about as confusing as anything in ‘traditional‘ wet shaving! :mad2:

I suggest you keep a few as your tastes may change with time/experience: mine did.

Respectfully not in as I have several hundred of the Israeli reds in stock (fine blades for me).

Whoever gets these blades, please do a comparison shave between the german and USA made ones. If I'm not wrong, personna simply sourced for another factory to manufacture blades on their own instead of relying on a vendor in USA. I could be wrong but I remember that's what I read.

I'm in please! Thanks so much for the generous offer.

I think I've momentarily given up on trying to understand the Personna offerings. With "Israeli Reds" that are not from Israel and have no red, well, I'm just confused! But maybe these we'll straighten me out. Thanks again for doing this!

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
This is tempting! Respectfully not in, as I don't believe I've tried these particular blades.....but I think someone else should get them.

And I'm with @BigJ : keep at least those 4 in the remaining tuck you opened. You might be like me and fall in love with blades you weren't all that crazy about the first time around!

Hello everyone,

I joined this forum literally just today and people have already been so helpful that I'm moved to offer a PIF. I had a question in the thread linked below about a box of blades I had just bought. I thought I was ordering Personna Lab Blues, but what I got turned out to be German-made Personna/Edgewell blades (like Israeli Reds, but manufactured in Germany, I learned in the thread):

The included photos show my confusion... the listing showed "Made in USA" so I thought these were the lab blues, but this must have been an error. I tried one so I can't return them, and I'd rather PIF the remaining 99 than let them collect dust in my closet.

The responses in that thread were super helpful and I encourage anyone confused about the various Personna blades to check them out—I certainly learned a lot. I tried one of these and they don't really work well for me (confirmed they seem like the Israeli-made Reds I had once tried from a sample pack) so I can offer this box of 99 blades to anyone who likes the German/Israeli Reds. I'll pick a recipient tomorrow (2/4) at Noon EST and will pay postage within the US. The selection will be random, but I'll double-enter the members who were so patient and gracious in answering my questions if they choose to participate.
Personna blades can be confusing. You can find the Personna Israeli Reds in UK packaging for a reasonable price here Personna Israeli Reds. I have purchased 600 of them. Great Blades!

Thank you everyone for participating! My highly-scientific randomizing method of pulling slips of paper from a scuttle revealed the winner to be Post 11.

I'm in. Israeli Personas are my favorite blade and I'd like to give the German version a shot.

I'm interested to see what you think and if the manufacturing is consistent between the Israeli and German reds.

Congratulations, @AnimalCatcher! Please PM me where you'd like these sent :)

Top Bottom