What's new

PIF Mystery TTO

Recently I was asked to test shave a razor coming in from a foreign razor manufacturer that wasn’t from a country noted for making quality razors. It was a TTO, and after the evaluation, I got to keep the razor.I don’t own many TTO razors and it is just not my preference and so I decided to do a PIF.

First, about the razor just to get you folks interested (or bolting for the door). There is a problem with the plating on the head being too thin. The good news is that the metal underneath looks yellow and so it is either brass or gold. The TTO knob is on top right below the head, and the part on the bottom of the handle is just for decoration, which may cause some problems for some (like me). The razor itself is very well balanced and the handle is sturdy. The doors do not open fully and so you would have to put the blade in at an angle and press down while closing the doors.

So why do I want to PIF this razor to some unsuspecting victim, I mean member? Because this will never be mistaken for a Gillette Super Speed or a Weishi. It gives a very efficient two pass shave with medium aggression and so for those wanting a TTO on steroids, this is the one.

For those that have not been scared away yet, just say “I’m in” and I will put you on the list. No minimum number of posts or quality of post stuff.

This PIF is limited to CONUS only and I will pick the lucky(?) winner on July 3, 2017.

DSC01662.JPG
DSC01663.JPG

I'm in.

If it's not for me, I'll PIF it to my brother, who I've been trying to get into DE shaving.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Just a reminder - PIF closes Monday! Don't pass up this opportunity to get a mystery TTO that will never be confused with a Gillette Red Tip!

Top Bottom