What's new

PIF - a newbie offering fellow newbies a vintage Gillette starter kit

On offer is a starter kit featuring a pre-WWII Gillette Tech. As many of you know the fat handled Tech is one of the vintage razors that gets a lot of praise around here. This razor was part of a mixed lot I bought to get a decent deal on a Fat Boy. Since I already have a slightly nicer FHT I figured I would PIF this one. As someone said in a recent PIF “I am collector not a hoarder.” Also included is a barely used Presto badger brush (I know these get little love on B&B, but it does work okay, and the price is right), a puck of barely used Men’s Soap Co. Himalaya soap (I hear it is the same as Henry Cavendish Himalaya soap) which will fit in a standard coffee mug , an open but unused Tabac shaving stick refill, (I wanted to like this but it reminds me of sickly sweet cleaning products wafting through a 1970s European train station bathroom when people could smoke everywhere – perhaps you will like it), and a mixed tuck of blades (Astra SP, Sputnik, Nacet, Gillette Silver Blue, Zaza, Bic, Feather, and Personna Red). Please know that while I cleaned the razor up a bit, it has signs of wear, including two small corrosion spots on the cap. I give no guarantee as to its usability or sterility, although it seems to be in order. Now for the terms

1. CONUS only. I’ll pay shipping.
2. The person entering must not have a vintage Gillette razor, must be new to DE shaving, and must have a genuine interest in using a vintage razor. In the end, if you don’t like it please pass it along rather than sell it.
3. The person entering should have at least 20 posts and no more than 100, within a reasonable margin.
4. The person should post their experience with the gear. This can be a separate thread if the person wants to retain plausible deniability concerning winning the PIF.

I will keep the entry time open until Sunday May 8th at 5:00 p.m. CST. I will make the selection using a random number generator. Once selected I’ll PM you to let you know and get your mailing address. If I do not hear from you in 48 hours I will select another winner.

Best,

Drew

$DSCN0092.jpg$DSCN0095.jpg

If it's OK with the OP, I would like to enter this pif for my son. He desperately needs a good vintage razor and a nice brush. Maybe I can even get him to join B&B!

I think this is called the bro rule (?) but I would also like to enter on a newbies behalf. A friend at work (Rob) has expressed interest.....and id love to set him up with this package.

I wanted to like this but it reminds me of sickly sweet cleaning products wafting through a 1970s European train station bathroom when people could smoke everywhere – perhaps you will like it
Not in as I don't meet any of the criteria. I just had to say that that description wins the word picture of the day contest.

If it's OK with the OP, I would like to enter this pif for my son. He desperately needs a good vintage razor and a nice brush. Maybe I can even get him to join B&B!
Why not get him to join and post 20 times in the next week. :wink2:

I think this is called the bro rule (?) but I would also like to enter on a newbies behalf. A friend at work (Rob) has expressed interest.....and id love to set him up with this package.
As I said to TobyC, why not get him to join and post 20 times in the next week. :wink2:

Nice PIF, a few weeks ago,I would have been all over this, but it didn't take me long to disqualify myself. So not in.

Might want to link to this in newbie land, for those who don't venture out yet.

Top Bottom