What's new

Phoenix artisan accoutrements plastic de opencomb slant

Iridian

Cool and slimy
I just wondered. The original Fasan razors were plastic, bakelite, ...?

The PAA razors are acrylic-something?

While the material doesn't survive some stomping on it, it's extremely water/soap resistant. The downside of plastics for the environment, it just doesn't rot away, has also its advantages.

Maybe someone has an idea whereI could get PAA razors in the old world/Europe?

I got the impression Europe is giving a damn about free trade when it comes to private persons and small businesses. It is silly how much more cultural ties there are been America and Europe, but look how easy, convenient and cheap it is to get stuff from China in particular.

Ordering a PAA razor might cost me more customs, VAT, fantasy fees, time and nerves than buying several ones for free shipping in the USA. 😵‍💫

Ordering a PAA razor might cost me more customs, VAT, fantasy fees, time and nerves than buying several ones for free shipping in the USA. 😵‍💫
As quickly as these things are in and out of stock, I think the cost is the least of your concerns if you want one. I know there was one of the Spanish retailers selling PAA soaps/splashes, but don't remember if they had the razors. I would imagine you could find one for sale on eBay and convince somebody that you are willing to pay the shipping(but you may never actually get it). Probably the easiest route is to find somebody here that will give you their address to ship to(that you trust enough). Then they can send it to you as a "gift."

Dave himself

Wee Words of Wisdom
I just wondered. The original Fasan razors were plastic, bakelite, ...?

While the material doesn't survive some stomping on it, it's extremely water/soap resistant. The downside of plastics for the environment, it just doesn't rot away, has also its advantages.

Maybe someone has an idea whereI could get PAA razors in the old world/Europe?

I got the impression Europe is giving a damn about free trade when it comes to private persons and small businesses. It is silly how much more cultural ties there are been America and Europe, but look how easy, convenient and cheap it is to get stuff from China in particular.

I ordered a bottle of AS from PAA. The shipping and what ever else was put on doubled the price. I know this isn't PAA fault but man is it costly

The monster slants are ABS plastic. Some are made of Kryptonite (see below).

IMG_7522.jpg

Would guess these razor weigh next to nothing, I like a little weight to do my work.
Yes sir, they are featherlight specified to be 16 grams. You need to carefully use a slight bit of pressure which the loud audible feedbacks helps you gage. It is an interesting razor.

@Iridian I've discovered a European site today, the website owner is from Spain.

I also discovered a coupon code for a 10% discount.

Here's an example with the 10% discount for a member who comes from Belgium.

The discount code is: ysc

Screenshot 2023-11-01 at 14-57-48 Your Shaving.png

Top Bottom