What's new

Philadelphia Pen Show this weekend. Who will be there?

Ill be there today untill 2, but only in spirit, as im actually stuck at work in ajax ontario, untill 2...

After that ill be taking a nap on my couch

Great haul and report larry, first time i have ever seen pictures of a pen show before, I wish they would bring back the Toronto one, the last one that had was the year before i found the Nib i think then it fell apart over at FPN after that. hopefully it will happen again, or i may have a new "something to do" lol

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
No, I wasn't able to connect with any other B&B folks, but I know that brianw was there and managed to snag one of the new Edison pneumatic-fillers. :tongue_sm

You misread my post. I wish the Skyline was $40! It was $70...fully restored and in beautiful condition. I spent $4.00 for the Eberhard Faber pen.

Yep, misread. Getting a little excited wishing I'd been able to attend! Nice scores, beautiful pens.

Any flex in the nib of your new Skyline? Some do, some don't, but they are usually quite smooth either way.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
one of the new Edison pneumatic-fillers. :tongue_sm

Why did I go to the Edison home page and watch a 17 minute video of this pen? Damn. Congratulations, Brian- you have set the hook in me. This is now #2 on pens I must have- the M800 being #1 (you're in pretty good company, I think). It may be a year, but I WILL have one of these with the gold nib.

Yep, misread. Getting a little excited wishing I'd been able to attend! Nice scores, beautiful pens.

Any flex in the nib of your new Skyline? Some do, some don't, but they are usually quite smooth either way.

There's a little bit of flex (probably would be called semi-flex)...just enough to show some line variation when you press down a bit. The nib's a pretty fine point, so it's got a little scratchiness and tends to dig into cheap paper, but I think I can adjust it a little to improve the performance.

Unfortunately, I was not able to attend, and those pics and score photos aren't helping :sneaky2:. I'm glad everyone is having fun, though. My hunt for a burgundy vac and jewel for the cap of my 61 will continue.

I got there yesterday- I was in contact with Snargle and Mendel but, they were there Friday and Saturday. One very cool thing is that our Mayor- with the unfortunate name of "Nutter" but the best Mayor ever-- was there on Saturday and apparently gave a little welcome speech- I love the guy and now I love him more now that I know that he is a pen guy!

Here are my acquisitions- it was great to just talk to everyone and see all the pens but of course I had to buy something- I set a $60 limit and ended up exceeding that by $5. $IMG_0232.jpg$IMG_0228.jpg

In re-reading my post- just want to clarify that I was only there on Sunday and did not actually meet any B&Bers there-- just texted and talked very briefly--- thank you to those who did contact me however. The no-name pen on right just says "American" on the clip-- I am quite fond of it though- it is small but mighty.

The next pen show that I saw was in Baltimore in March. Maybe we can get a B&B group together for dinner. I will put out another invitation when closer to the time.

I got there yesterday- I was in contact with Snargle and Mendel but, they were there Friday and Saturday. One very cool thing is that our Mayor- with the unfortunate name of "Nutter" but the best Mayor ever-- was there on Saturday and apparently gave a little welcome speech- I love the guy and now I love him more now that I know that he is a pen guy!

Here are my acquisitions- it was great to just talk to everyone and see all the pens but of course I had to buy something- I set a $60 limit and ended up exceeding that by $5. View attachment 300144View attachment 300145

Nice pens, Ron! And congratulations on staying close to your budget...there were some extreme temptations!

BTW, anytime you want to trade mayors, I'd be happy to send you Linda Thompson of Harrisburg in exchange for Michael Nutter! :001_rolle

strop

Now half as wise
I am officially jealous! Great reports, guys.

I am definitely going to have to make some vacation plans to coincide with one of these. I'm sure SWMBO would be fine as long as I can find a nearby hotel with a Spa!

Top Bottom