What's new

Philadelphia Pen Show: What Did Mendel Buy?

Hi Everyone,

After class on Friday, I stopped by the Philadelphia Pen Show for a short time. It was great to see Jim and Brian there. On Friday, I purchased a Franklin Christoph Bellus Model 29 with medium italic and stub nibs. And I received my first Parker 51 from Brian. I now feel worthy!

On Saturday, I returned to the pen show with my wife and her cousin. They took the calligraphy class while I shopped. I purchased a Visconti Van Gogh Starry Night fountain pen, which my wife told me to buy because she knew I liked it.

Here's pictures of my wares:

proxy.php

What do you think?

Going forward, I believe they ought to have the vintage folks in one room, while the new stuff is in another room. Visconti for example had a fantastic display and presentation. I mean no disrespect, but several of the vintage folks just slap their stuff on the table with no regard to presentation, cleaning, dusting, signage, etc. IMHO, it really takes away from the Visconti, Franklin Christoph folks, etc. Otherwise, it was a decent show.

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Nice stuff and a good move getting the wife involved!

In LA, all the new pen distributors are more toward the lobby and all the good stuff (vintage :biggrin1:) is inside the hall.

Top Bottom