What's new

Personna Blades...

Oh BTW the nice thing about the Labs as opposed to the Meds is they are like half the price... might interest someone on a tight budget.

My next blade order will include some of the Lab or Med Prep blades. I'm off Gillette, so Feather, Kai, and Personna may well be my top 3 brands.

I'll definitely be switching from the Gillette to the Personna Reds. Now, I'll just have to use up my supply of miscellaneous Gillette blades that I have left. I've also experimented with the Lab Blues and may order some of those, but still have some samples of them to try out.

Sent from my Z983 using Tapatalk

I have revisited personna med prep today and got jolly good shave.
How are they compared to Israeli platinum?

Also I have noticed that printing on my blade was very blurred.
C60FE7D5-E7BC-4CDA-98CA-C784D6D4A4A1.jpeg
Is this how it should be?

I have revisited personna med prep today and got jolly good shave.
How are they compared to Israeli platinum?

Also I have noticed that printing on my blade was very blurred.View attachment 954259 Is this how it should be?

The US Personna blades are not known for their consistently sharp brand name printing. They're fine. Some packaging of US Personna brand blades just has arrows printed on them instead of the brand name, but all the med preps would be branded.

US Personnas and Israel Personnas are both good blades, but they don't feel like they're made by the same company, which makes sense, because the Israeli plant was well established making blades long before Personna (ASR) bought it. And now they're under separate ownership again, but both still using the Personna name. I forget which one actually owns the name and which one licenses it.

Last edited:
Yeah the printing in the more recently made ones is blurry... I have some older one where the words are type writer quality. Performance is not diminishing. I think there are blades that can shave as well as a Med blade but not any better. They are a great combination of decent sharpness and smoothness. Longevity with them is great. 10th use of one in one of my Techs delivered a wonderful BBS result.
I have never had a bad shave with them in the 6 years I have used them in rotation. True that they are a more expensive cost than other blades but they are certainly worth it.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
For me and my face ..... these three Personna blades, all made in Israel, seem to be pretty equal, and
pretty fantastic. The top two are considered Israeli Red Personna blades, and the bottom is a Crystal
blade. All three are like Goldilocks and the three bears .... just sharp enough, just smooth enough,
just right ! Wouldn't life be so easy if these were the hardest types of decisions we ever had to make ?

View attachment 946506
Its a ymmv thing but i love the reds.
Used the (red) blues for 7 days on vacation ... And really disliked them. Tuggy and rough. I switched to a new blade on day 4 and same thing.

Its a ymmv thing but i love the reds.
Used the (red) blues for 7 days on vacation ... And really disliked them. Tuggy and rough. I switched to a new blade on day 4 and same thing.

Were they from a new pack that doesn't say "Israel" anywhere? If so, I'm not sure they are the same blade. I usually LOVE Israeli reds, but my new pack with no location info SUCKS.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Were they from a new pack that doesn't say "Israel" anywhere? If so, I'm not sure they are the same blade. I usually LOVE Israeli reds, but my new pack with no location info SUCKS.
Hmmm ill check .They are the blue reds so called.

Top Bottom