What's new

Personna blades at Walmart

Walmart personnas cause major blood loss for me. No matter what razor I use (40s ss, Fat tech, Old style, Senator) my face ends up looking like hamburger. I don't have this problem with the Wilkinson Sword blades.
My dad has no problems with them in his 53 flair tip. typical YMMV.

Yes, it´s the Red Personna, we Germans can get from ebay or official retail trade. It´s the great one from Israel.

There are different blades on the german market, "distributed by Personna Ltd., Nottingham, UK. But these are not the same quality like the Red Personna.

Last edited:
Not sure, but the website selling them is German based. (.de at the end of a website url designated Germany)

Yes, it´s the Red Personna, we Germans can get from ebay or official retail trade. It´s the great one from Israel.

There are different blades on the german market, "distributed by Personna Ltd., Nottingham, UK. But these are not the same quality like the Red Personna.
nice set up :)

I made the mistake of using the WM personnas as well. Some nicks, and leftover stubble as proof.

In trouble areas it seems no matter how many passes I make it just doesn't matter.

I made the mistake of using the WM personnas as well. Some nicks, and leftover stubble as proof.

In trouble areas it seems no matter how many passes I make it just doesn't matter.
Like I said in the initial post I feel I made a mistake. I realize some get an adequate shave but for me, I don't think they work.My current favorite are Gillette 7 O Clock (yellows), but I am willing to try others...well minus the US/Walmart Personnas.

Last edited:
It´s the same in Europe. There are excellent blades like the "RP", which are 100%. Next, there are good blades from drugstore, which are 75% (for example Wilkinson, Gillette) and then the bad cheap "drugstore-blades", which are only 50%.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
I use the Walmart Personnas regularly.

They work just fine for me and I get a very good shave with them.
Blades are probably the single most discussed YMMV item on this board.

To the noobs who want to try them, go ahead. They are inexpensive and work quite well for most. More over they are very easy to get your hands on.

You may find, like me, that you are quite happy with them, you may find that they are useable, but may not be your favorite, and you may find that you don't like them, but don't give up giving them a try based only on reading a post about them.

I use the Walmart Personnas regularly.

They work just fine for me and I get a very good shave with them.
Blades are probably the single most discussed YMMV item on this board.

To the noobs who want to try them, go ahead. They are inexpensive and work quite well for most. More over they are very easy to get your hands on. I gave up USING them.

You may find, like me, that you are quite happy with them, you may find that they are useable, but may not be your favorite, and you may find that you don't like them, but don't give up giving them a try based only on reading a post about them.
I gave up USING them.It was simply ...for me..a no win situation. I might go back to them but I very highly doubt it..again due to experience...NOT reading. Glad you can use them and glad others can..at this juncture...I can't.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
I gave up USING them.It was simply ...for me..a no win situation. I might go back to them but I very highly doubt it..again due to experience...NOT reading. Glad you can use them and glad others can..at this juncture...I can't.

Edit
When you quote a post, make sure NOT to type between the beginning and the end Quotes so that what you are replying with does not appear in the quoted persons area.
To the casual reader, it makes it look as if I said something I did not.
That's something done on purpose in the Clownhouse, but with plenty of LOL's and "I fixed that for you" written so that people know it's meant as a humorous reply.

Last edited:
None taken, just figured you typed your reply and didn't see that it was in my post.
Cheers and good night.

getting the hang of all this....and oddly enough I AM in M3 remission...tonight got rid of them all..hmmmm maybe give them to father in law? <EG>

Top Bottom