What's new

Personna 10 Pack For $2.98 ?

So, I was shopping at the local Pathmark Grocery Store today (New York, NY) when I stumbled upon some blades in the mens shaving section. The packaging looked like the same for the Personna blades I had bought of th net earlier this week.

proxy.php

proxy.php

If you look at the packaging it says "Comfort Coated Double Edge Blades"

A little farther down it says "Comfort Coated is a registered trademark of the American Safety Razor Company"

Well, if memory serves me correctly, The American Safety Razor Company makes Personna Blades.

Think these are the same? I paid $2.98 for a 10 pack of these....

I believe they're the same. If I understand it correctly, the "red" type of Personna blades all come in that type of magazine. Most Walmarts carry them for about a buck fifty.

Note that these are not the famous Israeli Personnas that people rave about. These are the widely available Personnas that are rebadged and often sold as generic blades by many brick & mortar stores. My experience with these was awful, after a few strokes I threw them in the trash. They're dirt cheap though and may work for many gentlemen.

Note that these are not the famous Israeli Personnas that people rave about. These are the widely available Personnas that are rebadged and often sold as generic blades by many brick & mortar stores. My experience with these was awful, after a few strokes I threw them in the trash. They're dirt cheap though and may work for many gentlemen.

I had a similar experience. These were quite harsh on my face.

I've only had the Merkur blades to compare to, but the generic Personnas have worked well for me. My face tends to be prone to nicking, but the Merkurs tore my face up more than usual. I've gotten a lot of nickless shaves from the regular P's. Of course it's a YMMV thing.

actually, the WORST personnas come in dispencer,
the american "4 arrow" personnas are one of the worst shaves i ever had,
IP´s normal come rebadged as crystals or super platinium +

and red personnas come in red cardboard boxes,

in my opinion, these blades are not worthy of the $2,98 they cost, not by a longshot, i paid a similar price for a pack here (2 euros), and was mighty disapointed by the sharpness and smoothness,

YMMV, but as you can see, i did not have a good expiriance with them,

I think the first pack of DE blades that I bought were grocery store branded Stainless Steel ASRs, probably the same as the ones in the picture. They were horrible, being extremely harsh. The next pack I got were from Wal-Mart and were "Platinum Coated Stainless Steel" ASRs. I find the Platinum Coated blades are much better than the plain Stainless Steel ones. The Platinum Coated ones give me acceptable shaves. I have a couple of packs in my shave drawer somewhere, but use Derby or Israeli Personna's 90% of the time.

I think the first pack of DE blades that I bought were grocery store branded Stainless Steel ASRs, probably the same as the ones in the picture. They were horrible, being extremely harsh. The next pack I got were from Wal-Mart and were "Platinum Coated Stainless Steel" ASRs. I find the Platinum Coated blades are much better than the plain Stainless Steel ones. The Platinum Coated ones give me acceptable shaves. I have a couple of packs in my shave drawer somewhere, but use Derby or Israeli Personna's 90% of the time.

and the IP's are 14.5 cents apiece at westcoast

Top Bottom