What's new

Perfect Cologne for Church?

I usually wear Aqua Velva Musk to church. For no particular reason but it works out that this is my AS/Cologne on Sundays. Sometimes I mixed it up and wear the AV Classic Blue when it is hot out.

This morning was one of my best DE shaves to date, (it's great when they keep getting better and better isn't it).

I used C&E Sandalwood, a Gillette Super Adjustable with an Isreali Red and followed it up wit the AV Musk. I didn't even need a balm. I was amazed how well the C&E treated my skin. There was no alcohol burn whatever even with a super BBS shave. It helped that I didnt shave yesterday and I really took my time.

I thought Col. Conk bay rum smelled more like church incense than bay rum, but ymmv. I'd say use whatever you like, just as long as it's understated and low key.

Sorry for the revival (get it? Church? Revival??? ok.) of this old thread, but I just had to post this.

On a whim, this morning I threw on some Penhaligon's Elixir I received as a sample. My wife said, "you smell like Vespers" (the Eastern Orthodox service of evening prayer).

Amazing -- this stuff is the most incense-y cologne I've ever tried. It smells just like the incense we use a couple times a week at Vespers and Matins. At Matins this morning my only concern was that Fr. Justin would smell me on his way by with the censer and think, "I didn't already cense this part, did I?"

Anyway, thought I'd share. I can tell this cologne, although very nice, isn't the sort of thing I'd wear (I've always preferred floral scents), but I thought that if anybody is still looking for a church cologne, this may be it.

For quite sometime I've been having Santal Sunday. That's SC followed by a few spitzes of the EDT.

I haven't heard either complaints or compliments, so the "volume" must be about right.

Top Bottom