What's new

Peregrino shaving brush

Hi, everyone just a quick question about this peregrino brush, really like the looks of it but does it perform? So if there's any peregrino owners in here please let me know
Thx in advance
PeregrinoShavingBrushEverReady500EPhoenixShaving_512x512.jpg

I have the Peregrino but haven't taken it out yet. I also have the Starcraft brush which has the same knot as Peregrino except set a little deeper. I enjoy the Starcraft brush as it has plenty of backbone but is still soft and splays well. Like most synthetics, it performs phenomenally. I find synthetics to perform really well in general so only thing that deters me from buying one is if it feels rough on my face/hard to splay.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
If the standard PAA handle is not to your liking, you can get the knot in 24mm or 26mm. :)
20201104_154158~2.jpg

Left to right:
Heritage Collection Ever-Ready 500 E (PAA 26mm Roswell Grey Hybrid Synthetic knot - not permanently mounted - yet ;))
Lowborn Supply Jaded Rose handle (PAA 24mm Roswell Grey Hybrid Synthetic knot - not permanently mounted - yet ;))
PAA Peregrino 24mm Roswell Hybrid Synthetic
Craving Shaving Debris handle (PAA 24mm Roswell Grey Hybrid Synthetic knot)
Frickwerkz handle (PAA 26mm Roswell Grey Hybrid Synthetic knot)

This is a pretty good synthetic. Readily available and reasonably priced. The PAA Peregrino 24mm Roswell Hybrid Synthetic brush is, in my opinion, an excellent value.

YMMV :)

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
I have the PAA brush with the brown knot and the green and yellow handle. It works just fine. These cheap synthetics are the 21st century equivalent of the old drugstore boar brush. Hard to get excited about them, but you have to admit they get the job done easily and comfortably.

If the standard PAA handle is not to your liking, you can get the knot in 24mm or 26mm. :)
View attachment 1178135
Left to right:
Heritage Collection Ever-Ready 500 E (PAA 26mm Roswell Grey Hybrid Synthetic knot - not permanently mounted - yet ;))
Lowborn Supply Jaded Rose handle (PAA 24mm Roswell Grey Hybrid Synthetic knot - not permanently mounted - yet ;))
PAA Peregrino 24mm Roswell Hybrid Synthetic
Craving Shaving Debris handle (PAA 24mm Roswell Grey Hybrid Synthetic knot)
Frickwerkz handle (PAA 26mm Roswell Grey Hybrid Synthetic knot)

This is a pretty good synthetic. Readily available and reasonably priced. The PAA Peregrino 24mm Roswell Hybrid Synthetic brush is, in my opinion, an excellent value.

YMMV :)
I finally broke down and ordered The Peregrino brush. I have been thinking of getting this knot to use in a more upscale handle but I was ordering the PAA Diver Down CK-6 formula soap and Star Jelly balm so I threw The Peregrino into my cart. At $19 it doesn't break the bank and I can test out the knot before putting one into an expensive handle. I will let you know what I think of it after I get it and use it a few times.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
I have the PAA brush with the brown knot and the green and yellow handle. It works just fine. These cheap synthetics are the 21st century equivalent of the old drugstore boar brush. Hard to get excited about them, but you have to admit they get the job done easily and comfortably.
Probably true. Cool handles. Nice retro aspect but pretty much similar. It’s hard to justify more than one but at the price point it’s hard to refuse getting more.

Those PAA brushes are nice.
Im curious about the Star Jelly but hard to find reviews anywhere. Let us know how you like it
I finally broke down and ordered The Peregrino brush. I have been thinking of getting this knot to use in a more upscale handle but I was ordering the PAA Diver Down CK-6 formula soap and Star Jelly balm so I threw The Peregrino into my cart. At $19 it doesn't break the bank and I can test out the knot before putting one into an expensive handle. I will let you know what I think of it after I get it and use it a few times.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Those PAA brushes are nice.
Im curious about the Star Jelly but hard to find reviews anywhere. Let us know how you like it
Jelly? You mean star craft? That’s nice. Save / similar knot but I think that feels big. Big handle. It can be a soap thrower. Not a lot of backbone.

Top Bottom