What's new

Penzance

So I was fortunate enough to try Penzance...but perhaps that wasnt a good thing. I really liked it but this stuff is apparently nearly impossible to find. Any hints or tips? I have signed up for a couple "alerts" for when it is in stock but it isnt looking good. Is this stuff generally a pain to find? If so I may move on and find other blends with latakia. If that is the case, any recommendations?

Thoughts?

I'm interested in similar blends as well, so I'll be watching this thread closely. As far as availability, it was apparently available on smokingpipes for a small window yesterday and also another site called pipe and leaf. Anytime it's available it's usually gone within an hour. Stonehaven is even harder to get in my experience.

It's driving me nuts because there was a video from Jason Dagner on YT where he said a readily available baccy is just as good as Penzance, but much cheaper. I just can't remember that tobacco name.

I would love to try this stuff as everyone gives rave reviews about it, alas it seems nearly impossible difficult to procure.

It's driving me nuts because there was a video from Jason Dagner on YT where he said a readily available baccy is just as good as Penzance, but much cheaper. I just can't remember that tobacco name.

I would love to try this stuff as everyone gives rave reviews about it, alas it seems nearly impossible difficult to procure.

You might have to watch a few dozen poker-enabling box openings to find the right clip! ..careful out there!

I ordered some a little while back online and haven't heard back from the shop. I guess they are out of stock. It's a blend I've been dying to try.

I'm interested in similar blends as well, so I'll be watching this thread closely. As far as availability, it was apparently available on smokingpipes for a small window yesterday and also another site called pipe and leaf. Anytime it's available it's usually gone within an hour. Stonehaven is even harder to get in my experience.

I called within like 30 minutes of receiving the email from smokingpipes only to get their answering machine. Seems like they sold out almost instantly.

My advice is to start looking at other online shops once you hear that one of the big guys has it. I was able to get a pound of Stonehaven and 8oz of Penzance that way. Some of the less popular shops hang on to it a little longer.

Your best bet is to find a little out of the way tobacco shop that might have one in stock. On your next road trip go treasure hunting!
Penzance is good, but I really don't think it's worth putting a lot of effort into. There's lots of tobaccos out there.

My advice is to start looking at other online shops once you hear that one of the big guys has it. I was able to get a pound of Stonehaven and 8oz of Penzance that way. Some of the less popular shops hang on to it a little longer.

Exactly. Set up an Iwan Ries notification, then call some shops. My local pipe shop (no online store) will have 8oz packages of Penzance sitting around for weeks after a shipment comes in. Pretty much every store that stocks gets it around the same time.

Not sure if anyone wants to go down this road, and it might be of questionable legality as well, but I've seen a few full tins that have been cellared for a few years on ebay for 20-25$.

The auctions say it's not for use, just for the tin, coincidentally still sealed. :wink2:

Just incase, ya know, you HAVE to try it.

Not sure if anyone wants to go down this road, and it might be of questionable legality as well, but I've seen a few full tins that have been cellared for a few years on ebay for 20-25$.

The auctions say it's not for use, just for the tin, coincidentally still sealed. :wink2:

Just incase, ya know, you HAVE to try it.

But... but... who wants a bunch of old tobacco?

My order came in! I just tried it this morning. My first impression is that it is very nice. Flavorful, but smoother than the English blends I usually smoke (primarily Magnum Opus from Pipes and Cigars). I wouldn't mind if it were a little heavier on the Orientals, but that might just be because of what I am used to. I will be smoking it exclusively for a day or so to see if my appreciation for it grows or diminishes. I'm definitely glad I finally scored some though!

But... but... who wants a bunch of old tobacco?

Nobody.
With nobody buying it, prices will drop and I can buy all I want!
proxy.php

MUAHAHAHAHAHAH!

Well if anyone finds a honey hole for penzance it'd be nice if they could share the wealth here. I'd love to try a tin myself, and pickup another to gift to a good friend.

Like the OP I've signed up for email lists, but lord knows when it'll be back in stock.

Speaking of old tobacco, I found out my tin of 3 oaks syrian was made in 2012, too old, who wants it? :lol:

I found that http://watchcitycigar.com/ looks to have a few tins in stock. I just placed an order and have my fingers crossed that the 12/3 inventory figures are still correct 3 days later.

Update: I just got ship notification so it looks like my order went through.

Last edited:
Top Bottom