What's new

Penhaligon's Endymion and Blenheim Bouquet Shaving Creams?

Just had an ad pop up on Facebook for the Penhaligon's sale and noticed it includes the Endymion Shaving Cream (£19 down from £28) and Blenheim Bouquet Shaving Cream (£15 down from £28) and wondered what the general consensus on these were? Are they any good/worth the money in terms of performance and scent? (from searching B&B most comments tend to be on their EDT and discontinued shave soaps but not too much on the creams)

Anyone? Just realised I can get another 8.25% back through TopCashback so might have to be the guinea pig?

i can't speak for the general, only myself, but both of these creams are great, imho. happy shopping!

bb and endy.jpg

Thanks everyone, will get some ordered while the sale is on. Just need to decide which free fragrance samples to pick up as well!

@sarimento1 fantastic pictures!

Great creams, and the matching balms. Have been using them for years.

Good to hear! I bought the two creams, balms weren't on sale so I'll wait and see if I like the scents and if so buy the matching balms.

Yesterday I was able to get a shaving soap puck in the wooden bowl of Pen’s Bayolea (my favorite among PENHALIGON’S scents). If there is a barbershop scent, this is it in my opinion.

It was the last piece in the store, probably a NOS since they have been discontinued. I will test shave today, but would be nice to hear some opinions about it.
I paid $25. Did I do good or simply overpaid for a bowl and a very nice scented bath soap?

Yesterday I was able to get a shaving soap puck in the wooden bowl of Pen’s Bayolea (my favorite among PENHALIGON’S scents). If there is a barbershop scent, this is it in my opinion.

It was the last piece in the store, probably a NOS since they have been discontinued. I will test shave today, but would be nice to hear some opinions about it.
I paid $25. Did I do good or simply overpaid for a bowl and a very nice scented bath soap?

After shaving with it for the first time I can confirm the perform is very good. It’s not a Cella in terms of slickness, nor as dense as Valobra or MDC, but we are talking about shaving hair off of one’s face and Pen’s Bayolea does its job Very well and with a lot of class

I loaded my brush for 30 secs. Lather was thick, creamy and plenty for my two passes. To be fair, the scent is much weaker when lathering than on the puck, but it’s still there. The End result was an easy and comfortable BBS. I was particularly surprised by the post shave feel, which was excellent. Finishing with Bayolea’s AS (No burn whatsoever) and EDT was great! The feeling of leaving an upscale barbershop in the 1920’s right at home in 2020.

I grabbed a tube of Blenheim Bouquet shaving cream yesterday. I’m not a cream guy, but the price was too good to pass on.

I find BB scent to be very simple, yet pleasant and elegant, feels like you are pouring a well-made gin tonic in your face. A delicious mix of lime, black pepper and pine. Great for summer and the AS splash lingers for 2-3 hours, which is a plus.

If I had to be picky about one thing: this is the most liquid shaving cream I have ever seen. You pay a lot for such a large amount of water in it. I would have preferred the BB shaving soap in wooden bowl.

too bad the BB ASL and splash appears to be totally unavailable in the US. please tell me i am wrong, i'd love to have some.

I’m not sure, since I live abroad. What I found was probably new old stock (NOS). Anyway, I do not think they will discontinue BB after shave. They just had their annual sale, and Covid probably impacted demand and supply. Maybe just be patient, they might restock soon

Top Bottom