What's new

peculiar dubl duck satinedge

I swear ive seen scales like this somewhere else, but I cant track them down now.

Anyone know why theyre not like regular satinedge scales (directly below, but not my razor)

attachment.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

I've seen several, and had a couple. I was under the impression that the ones in "plain" scales were US made Pearlducks, while the ones in "fancy" scales were German made, just like the C-Mon Blackies?

I might of course be totally wrong and this being a product of my imagination :biggrin1:

Interesting - would the tang stamp be different? (I'll compare it to my other duckies when I get home)

The reverse tang stamps are different, I only had a pic of the plain one on my computer, so I have borrowed the one of the "fancy" scaled.

If it's hard to see the plain one says Reg. U.S. Pat. Off while the other says Solingen-Germany

Attachments

• $DSCF3078-small.jpg
    $DSCF3078-small.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 74
  • $DSCF0331.jpg
    $DSCF0331.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 74
I just read a post about this elsewhere,... uno momento for on minute, ill edit and update once i find it,... which uhhh i guess i better now

"In the years prior to WWll Charles Bresnick started a barbers supply store in N.Y.C. He sold a wide variety of items and sold to the trade and had salesmen peddling his wares. His razors became well known and liked by barbers and through them they became known and liked by the general public. As time went on he settled on 2 ducks as his trademark and eventually changed the company name to Bresduck. After WWll Mr Pearlson acquired the company and changed the name to Pearlduck. The razors came to be known by their 2 duck logo. The outfit moved several times and continued to change ownership. It still exists today north of N.Y.C but sells dog grooming supplies only.

As to the razors, they sold both razors from known brands such as Puma and razors with only their name on them. The manufacturers of DD razors are mostly unknown. They did sell razors made in France, Germany and the U.S. In later years they developed an alliance with Beau Brummel and became exclusive distributors for that brand in the U.S.

Hows that for a quick history."

i took that from someone in another place its not mine,... but i hate linking out to a different forum in here the guy posts elsewhere under "thebigspendur" but it has something to do with either a USA made razor vs. a german made one,... or its just a different time period made aka they got fancier a couple of years after the simple ones were made

Last edited:
Top Bottom