What's new

Pearl Razor Travel Case ?

Does anyone own one of these? I'm trying to figure out if 1) they will fit a variety of razors and 2) where you buy them in the US. Any one who can comment on what they are like (pros and cons)? Thanks!

Well, I guess I get to answer my own question - 2 Pearl razors came in today (nice handles) in the "Pearl Safety Razor Travel Case" (the light blue one on their website in plastic).

It's basically a blue plastic box that snaps shut - relatively cheap plastic, but it works. Inside is a really thin plastic molded insert that somewhat confirms to the razor but doesn't keep it still. It's the kind of material in bubble packing of stuff in stores where you simply cut through it (very thin).

Not bad as a freebie, but I don't think it'd be worth purchasing over a decent quality plastic food container with a snap-on lid.

$IMG_2669.jpg$IMG_2670.jpg

I don't think the photos show that the cases are a little scuffed up in areas (more than I would expect), and that the liner is really thin/flimsy.

Maybe you could keep the case, but make your own liner? Maybe out of thick foam, and then glue a nice Gillette-style felt cover on top of the foam to make it look more nice, and fit more snug. The best part about the foam is you can sculpt it to whatever shape you need. Something thick like a memory foam.

The gluing foam sounds great in theory, but in practice I'm not sure where to find the right foam (Michael's craft supply and the 2 hardware stores I tried have nothing like what I think I'd need). You'd think that someone would make a modern version of the old safety razor cases, like those purple velvet lined Aristocrat cases . . .

btw, that same case is used in the Cadet packaging (except, not surprising, it says "Cadet Safety Razor" across the top).

OK, I now have 1" of foam, some purple velvet, and spray adhesive that is foam safe. The only flies in the ointment so to speak are my abilities in cutting and shaping the velvet so it looks good, cutting the foam into a good shape, and what the underside of the foam will look like as the box is translucent/transparent.

Maybe I should paint the inside of the boxes first . . .

Maybe I should just get an opaque box.

Maybe I should buy a case!

Last edited:
BTW, that acrylic handle looks great, except that up close you see the end where it abuts the chrome which makes it look cheap. It's also NOT grippy.

Top Bottom