What's new

Pasteur's Pharmacy NYC Advice

My wife and I are visiting NYC for a week in March and a visit to the above wet shaving Mecca is a must but I need advice on which location is better for that purpose. I know some of you have been so unload any advice you have please.
Thanks

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
We went to the one on East 34th Street near the Empire State building and it was excellent. There could not possibly be anything in the other branch that is not in that one. If there is such a thing as 'too much choice' then there it is 😀

We went to the one on East 34th Street near the Empire State building and it was excellent. There could not possibly be anything in the other branch that is not in that one. If there is such a thing as 'too much choice' then there it is 😀
Thank you very kindly Eclipse, that's the info I was after.

34th street location is the way to go. You’d be satisfied with a visit to the Lexington Ave location though but 34th street has more artisan soaps. It was also in a Seinfeld episode.

Edit- Haha wait my mistake, a quick google search shows that the Lexington location was on Seinfeld, which actually makes more sense.

To date, I haven't had either a business or personal reason to go to New York City. If such an opportunity arrives, I will hit one of the two sites. I wish Dallas had something like this.

I lived in the NYC area for many years. Both locations are great but I always preferred the 34th St. location.

Leon is one nice man and easy to talk to. Now that I am in AZ I order online.

After you go to E34 jump on the 6 train and hit the East Village and then Greenwich Village. If you need suggestions on what to do when you are here just ask. We city people know where to go where you visitors usually don't go but should.

I’ve been to both. 34th Street has the larger selection and would be the better choice for your first trip. A warning for you, the selection available is immense. You might want to read or reread “The Paradox of Choice” before your trip or you may never get out of the store.

Thanks everyone! I'm going to have a very good budget and my wife will be busy at her seminar. It's going to be in Chelsea. She's an instructor at a very chic high end pilates studio in the old money part of town here, her clients are part of the 1% crowd. The only time limit will be my limited ability to stay on my feet. I'm very excited about this .

Call them a week or so ahead to ask what their days/hours are gonna be during your trip.... just to be sure that you go on a day when they're open. The past few months they've been closed on the weekends.

Last edited:
Update: Just got up from a nap, this place wears me out. I went today, Wow!! I got MdC original in the glass bowl and I’m going back manana!
Missed this thread earlier -- enjoy this mecca. I know that worn out feeling because there are only so many scents I can process before it becomes a blur. But, then, I'm lucky enough to live here. I do apologize for the lousy weather....

Haha glad you enjoyed the place. Hope you packed your umbrella on this LOVELY day outside.

I should start calling Pasteur's "The GRUME killer.."

Missed this thread earlier -- enjoy this mecca. I know that worn out feeling because there are only so many scents I can process before it becomes a blur. But, then, I'm lucky enough to live here. I do apologize for the lousy weather....
The weather hasn’t slowed us down except for making us have to Uber where we would’ve walked because I can’t use my rollator and hold umbrella. Speaking of Uber, Mr. Toad’s Wild Ride is enough said. Went to Flatiron Room for some great food and Blues last night. The High Line if the weather improves later and then another run at Pasteure’s.

Top Bottom