What's new

Passes? Sorry if it's been said

Ok - from what I gather, passes are basically how many times you've shaved over an area.

so - if I go from my ear down to my neck (i dread this idea, as no razor has ever cut properly when I've got N-S, only S-N - but maybe this new method will work) - then I've done a pass, yes?

Now - when people say "do 2 passes N-S" they mean do your whole face, N-S - and then do it again?

My other question is - am I supposed to keep my bowl filled with warm lather and redo my face after the first pass? so it's like new again?

I also have that proraso cream. the only example of lathering I saw was that big picture thread with a small tub instead... I can't swirl my brush in a tube... am I supposed to fill a bowl with as hot water as I can get (i'll have to just use sink water, but it gets hot) and then maybe put some cream in and just twirl my brush around to get it worked up? Or do I squeeze it right on the brush?

I get the basic idea - get hot, hot water in the bowl - soak my brush for a minute or so - and then lather it up. but i just wasn't sure how to do the lather from a tube.

Hi Wizzy

Here is some lite reading to get you started:

Scottos FAQ

newbie to newbie-click here

leisure guy

kYLE

Soak your brush while you shower in your bowl in the sink all filled with hot water, after your shower, dump mixing bowl out-squeeze a 1/2 inch or a little less into the bowl-fish your brush out of the hot water and give it a flick (your goal is to decrease the water in the brush not eliminate it ) then have at the cream in the bowl whip it up good- if it is dry looking after a couple of minuets I dip my brush tips in the sink and get back at the cream this might take 1-4 minuets at first (more like 2-3) if its not getting like stiff egg whites add some more water a few drops at a time. This will get easier so just think of it as practice.

Passes are how many times you go over your face with the razor;

lather 1 pass rinse relather
2 pass rinse and STOP (for now):biggrin:

Sounds good, thanks! I'll check out those links!

I also happened to randomly find a 2 part video on wetshaving on this board! that was pretty helpful to!

Tomorrow I'll get up a little earlier than usually and give it a shot :)

thanks

Top Bottom