What's new

Parting my Hair Question

I could use y’alls professional and fabulous advice as always. How does my hair look and even though I know it is personal preference on how hair is styled I certainly would love opinions from both men and women. I will post examples below.

The first one is my natural hair straight out of the shower (in red T-shirt) with the left side of my hair (left ear) brushed downward with a stiff brush. The rest of my hair is combed straight across.

The second photo is me all dressed up. With my left side parted towards the back of my head over my left ear and the top of my head combed towards my right ear. I use Consort Extra Hold unscented hairspray.

The last photo is a little bit closer look.

I appreciate all of your help and advice.

Attachments

• BB287715-0D9F-48A0-B620-B7BF1111A0B6.jpeg
    BB287715-0D9F-48A0-B620-B7BF1111A0B6.jpeg
    155.9 KB · Views: 40
  • 570B98B0-9EFE-4763-B940-BF6ECB8E52B5.jpeg
    570B98B0-9EFE-4763-B940-BF6ECB8E52B5.jpeg
    170.2 KB · Views: 40
  • 0BBFC25F-27D3-45D5-A7D6-0183BFEC32C1.jpeg
    0BBFC25F-27D3-45D5-A7D6-0183BFEC32C1.jpeg
    238.8 KB · Views: 40

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Both look good and pretty similar. My recommendation would be to drop that hair spray and try some of the great pomades that are out there for example lay rite
Non greasy and gives a good hold but more natural look in my opinion

Oh, they're all good.
At least you don't part it in an unnatural place, like Robert McNamara.
proxy.php

I always found that a little bit disturbing.

Both look good, but I would stick with #2 - looks pretty good. I guess I may be biased though, as this is how I have always combed.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
The part on the left is on point. Which I beleive is the last two photos. I betcha a lot of men wonder about this but very few are ever confident enough to ask fellow men about it. Back when my hair was longer I was often curious which hairstyle looked best. I took to facebook to solicit advice.

The first photo looks nice. Your hair would look great with a nice wax like High Life Medium or Murray's Superior. Those would give you some volume with your bang. You'd look cool with your bang flaring upwards.

So the first photo (red shirt) is a mirror selfie while the others not, meaning your hair part is always on your left side?
I find it a little hard to choose between them since the camera angle is different and you are dressed more nicely in the later photos which can affect ones overall perception. That said I think the last one is best.

Top Bottom