What's new

Parker SoloEdge in stock

Capture lol.JPG

Reactions: Kix
It's my fault, I waited too long to decide, I was too indecisive.

Now I have to wait, in my country it's 29 euros.

robert eggers patience GIF

Reactions: Kix
Used mine for the second time today.

I have to say, today's head shave using the same Perma-Sharp blade was as good as the first. I am getting phenomenal BBS head shaves from this razor...and it is a true autopilot shaver.

At the finish of today's shave (2-pass, with touch up) I grabbed my Vector and ran it around my scalp and was surprised that there was nothing left by the Solo for the Vector to pick up.

For me, this $35 razor has been a pleasant surprise and has out-shaved every other half-blade razor that I have tried to date. I'm very impressed.

Curiosity about the SoloEdge was just too much, so I pulled the trigger. I'm still on the fence when it comes to 1/2 DE razors. I'll see if the Parker sheds some light on the appeal of this class of razors.

Curiosity about the SoloEdge was just too much, so I pulled the trigger. I'm still on the fence when it comes to 1/2 DE razors. I'll see if the Parker sheds some light on the appeal of this class of razors.
Perma-Sharp and Usta are premier blades. They both have factory 1/2 blades which are made for the Turkey market.

Not all the SoloEdge razors come with blades. The Razor Company sells them with no blades included. Of course, the listing for the razor didn't mention blades included, either.
Super Safety Razors includes 100 Parker blades. I guess that's why they are a little more expensive.

Damn ! Why do you post in this thread ! Stop it !!!
There are weak people out there !

Never mind, it is too late!

I understood that ½blade razors are my thing after I bought Stomper. Now reading about SoloEdge I am very tempted.

One question: I do WTG and XTG under my nose. Never ATG. I see it problematic to do XTG under nose as razor ends protrude much further than blade edge. There is area where blade does not reach.

February 23, 2024 Friday shave

Razor: Parker SoloEdge (1)
Blade: Astra Superior Platinum (2)
Soap: Cella red
Brush: Omega 10066 boar
Post shave: Omega alum block, Thayer's Witch Hazel
Aftershave: Captain's Choice Nor'easter

This was the first shave with the new Parker SoloEdge. I will withhold my thoughts on this razor for a while.

7.5/10

Enjoy your FRIDAY!

This was the first shave with the new Parker SoloEdge. I will withhold my thoughts on this razor for a while.

7.5/10

Enjoy your FRIDAY!

Confused Trailer Park Boys GIF

7.5/10

Enjoy your FRIDAY!
If you are using a snapped blade, you should trim off the bent broken tabs. It might give you misalignment or weird spring torque.

Top Bottom