What's new

Parker Lady Duofold and Parker Jack Knife Safety 98

I'm carrying these two pens this week. The one on the left is a Parker Lady Duofold from approximately 1928. The one on the right is a Parker Jack Knife Safety Model 98, from the late-teens to very early-20s. Both were designed to be a lady's size, given the ringtops on both. The Duofold is loaded with Waterman purple, while the JKS 98 is loaded with Waterman brown.

Lady Duofold and JKS 98.jpg

I'm carrying these two pens this week. The one on the left is a Parker Lady Duofold from approximately 1928. The one on the right is a Parker Jack Knife Safety Model 98, from the late-teens to very early-20s. Both were designed to be a lady's size, given the ringtops on both. The Duofold is loaded with Waterman purple, while the JKS 98 is loaded with Waterman brown.

View attachment 1237018
Very nice looking pens. What kind of nibs on those two?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Very nice looking pens. What kind of nibs on those two?

The Lady Duofold has a Duofold-marked 14K nib. Like pretty much every Duofold nib, it's hard with no flex.

The JKS 98 has a Parker Lucky Curve #2 marked, 14K nib. It's also pretty hard. It's definitely a replacement nib. This pen would have had a Parker Lucky Curve #3 nib because Parker put #3 nibs in pens of this size with gold, gold-filled, or sterling overlays, and these nibs were usually pretty flexible.

Thanks for sharing and the update. again, beautiful pens!

Top Bottom