What's new

Palmolive Shaving Cream

I ordered 6 Sensitive version from Amazon Germany for £4.91, used Prime trial for free delivery. I think delivery would've been around £4 if I didn't use the trial.

Delivery using prone trial from Germany to UK was 2 days.

Great price considering the price the Sensitive version is being sold for on eBay UK (£15 for 6)

View attachment 1168786
Cracking price and bargain mate

How do you order from Amazon Germany?

How does it work?

The name is from the past and comforting.

Is it my advanced age or do I remember a puck or bowl from not too far in the past. I know there was one many many years ago, but I recall one from the 2000's or at least late 90's.

I used the Classic again today, with two differences: a 24-hour beard instead of 48, and this time, no brush. I applied the cream to my hands and lathered it between them, then worked it into my stubble before wielding the razor. The lather was slick, though as thin as I expected it to be without a brush, and I did have to squeeze out a bit more and lather it in for my second and final pass. A good shave, and I can imagine doing this on a trip, but I truly prefer using a brush.

Used Palmolive Classic again today on a 24-hour beard, though with my brush this time. I discovered that I need to squeeze out 99% of the water from the brush before face-lathering, or I will see a very thin lather. Which is probably true for other creams and soaps as well.

I have used a lot of Palmolive Classic cream and always have a tube in my inventory. It’s really great, especially for the price!

Palmolive Classic is favorite of mine and I use it often. Great performance, nice scent, and easy on the wallet. It's a keeper and will always be in my den. :thumbsup:

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
The Palmolive Shaving Cream sold here in Australia is a 65 gram tube and costs around the $2.95 Australian dollars. It is great stuff and is made in Italy. The Shaving Stick is another great soap. Love the smell.
I believe you mean "dolaree-doos"

I consider the Italian Palmolive menthol to be the best cream currently on the market taking both scent and performance into account.

I agree, it's a superb product.

Also sold in some Balkan countries as "Palmolive Cool", in smaller 65g metal tube:
proxy.php

Not sure if the Egyptian Menthol and Classic versions are still being made.
100g plastic tube:
proxy.php

proxy.php

And there's also the two types sold/made in India. I found them to be decent but not on par with
the European versions.

30g and 70g plastic tubes:

Deluxe
proxy.php

Refreshing Lemon
proxy.php

Last edited:
If the bio and normal cella are fairly close I’d probably say that bio will blast most things out of the water tbh ..cella is amazing at least the 1kg brick is o_o I somehow managed to use up 200 grams of it…for a soap that’s not a triple milled hard puck it sure does last a while

I have to say...Palmolive Classic is an amazing shave cream. I have been using up the last bit of a tube I had in my remnants box. I can see why it has remained in production for a very long time. The more I use it, the more I really like it. Indeed, I am now wondering why I have a tote box full of expensive (relative to Palmolive) shave soaps. It lathers like a charm, the scent is mild and not unpleasant...actually it is growing on me. Cheap as dirt -- 6 tubes for $30 bucks on Amazon. Hard to beat those numbers. And performance is as good as my most expensive soaps. :pipe: Interesting...

What is the scent profile of the Palmolive Sensitive shave cream?

Last edited:
Is the fragrance in the green Palmolive cream tube the same as in their stick? Their stick smells amazing like Versace L'homme from the 80s or another barbershop scent.

Top Bottom