What's new

Palmolive shave stick

Yeah, I didn't seem to get enough of a lather that lasted using the stick to face method. I need to be able to load more soap into the brush it seems, so I will try putting it on my face and also loading on the the brush. I tend to do three to four passes.

I have used both method's to the face and from the bowl and I have found the best way for me is to put 2 1/2 inch disk's in the bottom of my cup and start the lather there when I get a nice rich cream move to the face and add water as needed to get the best .

Yeah, I didn't seem to get enough of a lather that lasted using the stick to face method. I need to be able to load more soap into the brush it seems, so I will try putting it on my face and also loading on the the brush. I tend to do three to four passes.

I have the same issue unless I use a synthetic, those are not greedy.

I gots to get a synthetic. They sound awesome for bowl lathering.
I got a synthetic brush, convinced that they'll never match real boar or Badger.
It doesn't need lengthy soaking to prep for shaving & takes very little water to begin a lather. I've since accumulated more synthetics & find myself reaching for them to use more often. Just got a vintage Badger brush delivered today & even when wrung out, seems to retain a little water that dribbles out when I squeeze out lather, prompting the need to re whip the now-watered down lather.
I prefer a smaller synthetic, since it doesn't hold excess lather. I can use a little less soap, yet get more usable lather from it.

I used to grate them and found it not worth the hassle. Just a thin layer of soap on the face erupts into plenty of lather for 2 passes and touch-ups. I also found that it's too easy to overload it from a tub and it doesn't last as long. It tends to get mushy also.
I simply don't enjoy using a shave stick directly to the face. Just this weekend i grated two sticks each of Palmolive, La Toja and Lea soaps into containers. Didn't take long at all to grate 6 sticks. Using the Lea this week.

Top Bottom