What's new

Palmolive shave stick

The vast majority of posters here are in the USA, hence extravagant shipping from Europe.

True, shave sticks are only available mail order in the US. Seems like if US buyers want such a thing they ought to throw some into the cart when placing a bigger order from one of the European shaving vendors. Anyway, I think the only cheap tallow soap on store shelves is Williams. It now occurs to me to wonder if I grated a puck of Williams and pressed it into an old empty tube or antiperspirant push up container whether that might work as a shave stick.

you haver a lot of contact on this forum would it be a idea for when a member is placing a order with a eu counterpart to post before hand and see if anyone wants to add to the order for a split in the shipping charges . big box multiple orders .sent to one shipping address .

True, shave sticks are only available mail order in the US. Seems like if US buyers want such a thing they ought to throw some into the cart when placing a bigger order from one of the European shaving vendors.

Connaught Shaving has pretty reasonable shipping rates

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
True, shave sticks are only available mail order in the US. Seems like if US buyers want such a thing they ought to throw some into the cart when placing a bigger order from one of the European shaving vendors. Anyway, I think the only cheap tallow soap on store shelves is Williams. It now occurs to me to wonder if I grated a puck of Williams and pressed it into an old empty tube or antiperspirant push up container whether that might work as a shave stick.
I have no idea, but it sounds like a splendid idea!

This really is a great product for the price. Easy to lather, nice clean close shave, not overly drying, lasts forever, smells mild and inoffensive.

It's a good soap. However, it does leave a bit of stinging , so will,probably contiinye with Haslinger as my favourite soap. That really does feel as though it is made for my face.

I just purchased 6 sticks off ebay, 3 for $5.10, had $5 off coupon. Got all 6 for $5.82 delivered, should arrive in about 2 weeks.

This soap is VERY easy to overload which results in pasty lather that is not slick and what sounds like you encountered. If you rubbed enough onto your whiskers where your face looked white, you totally overloaded it. A barely visible amount on your face is plenty and can handle a ton of water. As a side note, most of the guys who review it on the YuTube use WAY too much lather as well. Just sayin'.

You guys made me dig out my tub of grated Palmolive stick that i hadn't used in at least 4 years.

Had a great shave. It exploded with lather (but i tend to really load my brush with all my soaps).
Nice post shave feel too.

Also it was my father's soap when i was growing up. I remember seeing his DE razor and stick of palmolive in the bathroom.

You guys made me dig out my tub of grated Palmolive stick that i hadn't used in at least 4 years.

Had a great shave. It exploded with lather (but i tend to really load my brush with all my soaps).
Nice post shave feel too.

Also it was my father's soap when i was growing up. I remember seeing his DE razor and stick of palmolive in the bathroom.

it was proberbly his dads soap too .
keep it in the family album … boom boom .

Top Bottom