What's new

Palmolive first time

Just received my very first tube of Palmolive Men's Shaving Cream. It was only $7 and shipping was free. Am I wrong or has this cream disappeared from store shelves? Love the green box with the distinctive mint leaf. Sure takes a person back in time. So first shave tomorrow night with Palmolive and a 57 red tip and some Hank Williams Sr. playing to set the mood circa 1957.

No Patsy Cline?
That would mean moving tunes from the iTunes store to my apple shuffle which is way to much work. I've got some Hank Sr. and John Cash and a just a few others and I rotate them like creams,soaps,razors,blades et cetera… Guess I could install an Amazon Echo but that kind of takes away from my 1957's feel to this shave. The suffle I don't see, it and the speaker are very tiny.

This is what I buy. I used to get one that said cool, but I guess it doesn’t anymore.
proxy.php

A nice way to fill an order over an amount to avoid shipping cost. I find I do that a lot with wet shaving gear. I have put one in my cart for later checkout. Thanks.

$7? WOW! Got the regular version in Germany LAST Fall for about $1. That’s about what it’s worth. Nice smell...Meh performance. Not particularly cushioning, protective or moisturizing for me. If you don’t have sensitive skin or a particularly tough beard it might work well for you. But...YMMV..

Ah, just used Palmolive a couple of hours ago.... It’s in my regular rotation. I consider it a basic no frills cream, not the best but certainly not terrible. It works. I like it’s clean soapy scent and the fact that it’s only $3.75 with Amazon prime. I’ve needed to use a generous mount though to get a cushiony lather.... it does dry out faster than other creams.

I thought it was a pretty good cream. Can't beat the price. Hard to tell the difference between Proraso Green and Palmolive Mint. Paid twice as much for the Proraso.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
For the price its a pretty good cream. Its reasonably cheap compared to some others.

I don't think Palmolive is available in Canada but it's an excellent cream. I have both the Classic and Menthol variants as well as the stick.

Search around on various online buying sites and you can usually find a reasonable deal on any European cream. Not what you could get it for over there of course, but still pretty cheap. The only other option would be not trying it.....

I believe I purchased from Amazon and it was shipped (free) from the UK. Just 1 100ml $6. The postage would have cost more.

I really enjoy the Palmolive Menthol (mentolo) version. For me performance is very good and scent refreshing.
Lathered in a warm scuttle, the scent smooths out and performance shines even more.

I really enjoy the Palmolive Menthol (mentolo) version. For me performance is very good and scent refreshing.
Lathered in a warm scuttle, the scent smooths out and performance shines even more.
I agree. If you warm the lather I find it provides a nicer shave. A good budget cream. Hard to beat that price.

Just received my very first tube of Palmolive Men's Shaving Cream. It was only $7 and shipping was free. Am I wrong or has this cream disappeared from store shelves? Love the green box with the distinctive mint leaf. Sure takes a person back in time. So first shave tomorrow night with Palmolive and a 57 red tip and some Hank Williams Sr. playing to set the mood circa 1957.

Palmolive shaving cream can be confusing, but it is still widely available in Europe and the Mediterranean.
Packaging varies wildly; Green in Germany/Austria is the regular cream and the menthol version is not avilable.
In Italy green packaging denotes the menthol version and the regular cream comes in maroon packaging.
In North Africa, Indian-made Palmolive shaving cream is sold in white, multi-color packaging.

You really need to read the label to determine whether you are buying the regular, menthol, or the lime shaving cream that also may be available in some markets.

B.

Top Bottom