What's new

PAL Injecto Matic repair

Injectors have really caught my fancy and I have created a small collection of Schick models from G-L. I recently acquired a PAL Injecto Matic (yes, from ebay) but was disappointed to find that the blade is not held securely. The bottom plate is loose allowing the blade and plate to shift during the shave. It appears that the spring has been sprung and no longer holds the bottom plate without moving.

I did a search of B&B and found one thread that addressed repairing a Schick Model L by removing the head from the handle to readjust the spring tension. A Google search didn't turn up anything else.

Does anyone have direct experience with the Injecto Matics? I don't think the head pulls out of the handle but maybe I just didn't apply enough force. I only paid $10 for a cased example so I wouldn't be out a lot of money but I would like to return it to service if possible.

BTW. I love the feel of the Injecto Matic! The handle feels great and I was even able to shave with the razor before I realized there was a problem. Wasn't a great shave, obviously, but considering the problem, it wasn't that bad either.

Lyle, mine looks to be a press fit of the spring and head into the collar that holds it to the handle. I have a feeling that pulling it apart might distort it so that it wouldn't go back together tightly. What you might consider trying is to use a pair of long-nosed pliers, suitably padded with a rag, to try to bend the spring to add more tension. If that doesn't work, they are relatively cheap and available on eBay.

I agree that it is a great razor. In fact, It's the only PAL or Personna razor that I really enjoy shaving with.

Thanks, Steve. Yeah, I figured I would try tweeking the spring while it was still in the razor before trying to take it apart. At this point, I don't have a lot to lose.

Saw you are an amateur radio op. I'm KI4WKT.

Top Bottom