What's new

Pal Adjustible Injector Razor

I bought a Pal Adjustible Injector from Ebay. I struggled to get a blade into it.
Once I did, I found that the blade was making little, if any contact with my beard. I use currently available CVS (Personna) or Schick blades. Is it me?
Is it the razor? Is it the blade(s)?

All the blue in your picture makes it a little hard to tell, but it sort of looks like the left/bad razor. At least I did not waste a Personna 74 on the Pal and will stick with my NOS, but out of the package Schick.

S

siouxsie

Sorry to hear that. If you try for another, make sure you get proper pics of the head so you can see if the bevel is straight or crooked. Crooked bevel equals either no shave or cheese grater.

This thread had me wondering, as I tried my first shave with a Pal Adjustable this morning. I used a Pella blade, which is not the greatest, but has given me acceptable shaves in other injectors.

I'd checked out the alignment of the bevel and the blade ahead of time, and everything seems true. Moving the adjustment knob, you can see the safety bar move smoothly through its range.

The good news was that I got a DFS. This is definitely a usable razor. However, even with it cranked up to "H", I found it on the mild side. I suspect that the adjustment spring has lost some tension [Edit. Or is off in some other way], and that the high setting is not as high as it's supposed to be. Not a big issue, and I'm not going to risk breaking the razor by trying to fix it. Neither am I going to keep buying more of them hoping to get a better one. This just isn't destined to be my number one injector.

Last edited:
Neither am I going to keep buying more of them hoping to get a better one. This just isn't destined to be my number one injector.

That's what really sucks; Pal came up with a razor at least equal to Schick's adjustable, but their quality control issues were...well...:thumbdown

Top Bottom