What's new

PAL Adjustable Blade Adjuster Inoperative

Hey guy's, has anyone figured out how to take one of these PAL adjustables apart without destroying it. My safety bar adjuster won't work anymore, the dial just spins and the blade won't adjust in and out. How do you tighten up the blade tension?, my blade moves around and the razor won't shave my face. It won't cut hair. I hope I don't have to toss it, it's a cool looking razor.

Regards.
Clayton

sounds like you have a broken one. Several B&B members have reported on issues with the PAL adjustable.

sounds like you have a broken one. Several B&B members have reported on issues with the PAL adjustable.

Hi Mick, I got 3 shaves out of it and then it broke. I like this razor and it's cool looking, but I think I'll replace it with a Schick Adjustable instead of trying to find another PAL. I'll try to fix this one if I can.

Clayton

Sorry it broke, but keep in mind it is about 50 years old. If you like the Pal Adjustable (and I do!) I'd buy another one.

Even though it may not be fixable, it might be an educational experience to take it apart and to examine the engineering.

Sorry it broke, but keep in mind it is about 50 years old. If you like the Pal Adjustable (and I do!) I'd buy another one.

Even though it may not be fixable, it might be an educational experience to take it apart and to examine the engineering.

Maybe if I could find one that was NOS, otherwise the Schicks see to be built a little better. I'm going to try to fix the Pal I have.

Clayton

They are very temperamental and break. There are some good threads on adjusting them, if you can. I sold mine not because it wouldn't adjust, but because it was really aggressive and although pretty to look at, the triangular handle felt awkward for me. YMMV.

Just picked up a Schick Adjustable off Ebay. Now I have to wait for it to get here, I feel like a kid at Christmas time. Hey guy's My PAL came with a case and instruction leaflet let me know if any of you PAL owners are interested and maybe we can work something out.

Clayton

Top Bottom