What's new

Pacific Shave Oil

I have searched and searched on here and can't find what I'm looking for. I know what I'm asking isn't a cream, but it isn't a soap either. Has anyone here used Pacific Shave Oil?:confused: I tend to do some travelling and don't always want to drag around a brush and cream/soap to shave.

Also to those who have used it, do you reapply more between passes?

av8or234 said:
I have searched and searched on here and can't find what I'm looking for. I know what I'm asking isn't a cream, but it isn't a soap either. Has anyone here used Pacific Shave Oil?:confused: I tend to do some travelling and don't always want to drag around a brush and cream/soap to shave.

Also to those who have used it, do you reapply more between passes?

I dont reapply, but some do.

check this out

Tom,

A number of people here use it. I haven't, although I just ordered some.

Thing is, it seems like you are wanting to use it in place of cream or soap. My understanding is that it is intended to be used, and most people do use it, in addition. Not sure that it would shave well on its own. Perhaps a good quality brushless cream would be a better bet, if you like to travel light?

Hello Tom,

Pacific Shave Oil (PSO) was designed as a stand-alone shave oil to be used without cream or brush. It was also targeted toward the one-pass shavers. All you need to reactivate it during a shave is application of some more water.

For traditional wetshavers who use some sort of reduction technique, PSO is applied before passes. Many find the initial application of PSO before the first pass to be adequate for them for the entire shave. I use a few drops before each of my four passes, rubbed into my wet beard everytime. This is what works for me. Sure, I use a bottle of PSO up four times faster, but it is worth it to me to shave irritation-free each pass, each shave. Now that the company has released its new Mighty Two-ouncer bottle, I don't have to change bottles as much :smile: !

I have tried PSO by itself and it works great, but the lack of a fine scented cream and a nice brush make this method too spartan for me. But PSO is perfect for those occasional travels where you can't take a lot of shave gear. Unfortunately, these days, you can't have the PSO in your carry-on luggage, so if you have to put it in your checked bag, might as well put in a small container of lather cream, a travel brush and a good DE along with your PSO 1/2 ounce bottle. Or skip the brush, lather cream and DE and just use some brushless cream and some disposables like Bic. I use PSO with brushless creams, too.

And remember, PSO has no adverse effects on brush bristles, blades, lather or sink surface.

Buy and use with confidence.

Cheers,
Richard
Plano TX
PSO - Won't Shave Without It

Well, I guess I had that one all wrong. Thanks for the correction Richard. That's really interesting.... I only ever really hear about people using it under a cream.

Ah well, another experiment when my QED order gets here.

Hello Moses,

Good show on ordering the PSO!

When I rub it into my wet beard, I also go over my goatee and moustache. At the end of the shave, the hairs are nice and soft.

On weekends, when I don't need a gel to keep my hair in place, I use a few drops massaged into my hair and scalp for a light dressing.

When I need a light moisturizer in the evening, I just rub a few drops in my wet palms and apply directly to my face. I use it undiluted for hands and feet sometimes.

Great little product!

Like I mentioned elsewhere, PSO will be in each Emmy nominee's goodie bag! Don't know if it will be the original 1/2 ounce bottle or the new Mighty Two-Ouncer!

Cheers,
Richard
Plano TX

Coche_y_bondhu said:
Hello Tom,

Pacific Shave Oil (PSO) was designed as a stand-alone shave oil to be used without cream or brush. It was also targeted toward the one-pass shavers. All you need to reactivate it during a shave is application of some more water.

For traditional wetshavers who use some sort of reduction technique, PSO is applied before passes. Many find the initial application of PSO before the first pass to be adequate for them for the entire shave. I use a few drops before each of my four passes, rubbed into my wet beard everytime. This is what works for me. Sure, I use a bottle of PSO up four times faster, but it is worth it to me to shave irritation-free each pass, each shave. Now that the company has released its new Mighty Two-ouncer bottle, I don't have to change bottles as much :smile: !

I have tried PSO by itself and it works great, but the lack of a fine scented cream and a nice brush make this method too spartan for me. But PSO is perfect for those occasional travels where you can't take a lot of shave gear. Unfortunately, these days, you can't have the PSO in your carry-on luggage, so if you have to put it in your checked bag, might as well put in a small container of lather cream, a travel brush and a good DE along with your PSO 1/2 ounce bottle. Or skip the brush, lather cream and DE and just use some brushless cream and some disposables like Bic. I use PSO with brushless creams, too.

And remember, PSO has no adverse effects on brush bristles, blades, lather or sink surface.

Buy and use with confidence.

Cheers,
Richard
Plano TX
PSO - Won't Shave Without It

Thanks for the advice Richard. I think I may be ordering some in the not too distant future. It sounds like a nice little product and I look forward to trying it.

Top Bottom