What's new

Pacific Rush...what's the big deal?

I found a Dollar General on the way to my daughter's new house so I stopped in and picked up a bottle. I popped the top off and took a wiff, nothing, no determinable scent at all. The next morning it was my after shave choice. Splashed some on and boy, like pure alcohol, an instant wake up. Plenty of sting to it but still no scent.

Is it me or my bottle or should it smell like something?

Mike

You have a bad batch! First time I used it I was quickly reminded of a Hall's menthol cough drop, then the menthol dies down and it has a noticeable scent that lasts for a few hours on me. The wife actually commented on it, many aftershaves she can't smell at all.

I use Pacific Rush for the menthol not really for the scent. To me, Pacific Rush has a much stronger cooling effect than either AV Ice Blue or AV Ice Sport. That being said, I tried Osage Rub for the first time yesterday and it is way stronger. I probably won't buy another bottle of PR when my current bottle is done, I think I am gonna stick with the Rub. Barbasol Brisk on the other hand, is one of my favorites.

Pacific Rush has a mild ocean-like scent with tons of menthol. I jusy bought another bottle 5 minutes ago. The Barbasol Brisk has less menthol but more staying power. For $1.75 each, I think these two are among the best values in AS.

I don't think it has much of a smell, and if i had to qualify that smell, I would call it "watered-down cheap mint mouthwash". Nonetheless, I enjoy using it. I think the factors that make it popular around here are the low price, high menthol content and it's available in a B&M store that alot of people have access too (unlike Osage, which has to be bought online for the majority of us)

I find it to have a light mint and menthol scent that is fleeting. I prefer aftershaves whose scent fades quickly. This lets me use my EdT/EdP without worrying about it clashing. I avoid the Pinaud aftershaves for just this reason.

Mike

You most certainly have a bad batch!! It has a modern day sporty/ minty mouthwash smell too it. It most certainly isn't scentless!!

That said, I personally think it is loved more for it's huge menthol kick than it's smell. But as mentioned above the smell is not very long lasting, which is a huge benefit as it won't clash with your cologne choice of the day.

Thank you one and all. It certainly has a kick. Brisk is a clone of Mennen Skin Bracer if you ask me. Since I like Skin Bracer, I like Brisk as well. At the price you can't really beat either one. I'll keep using the Pacific Rush anyway.

Mike

You are correct, it is an exact clone. Vi-Jon makes Skin Bracer and also does the dollar-store brands, so it is the same recipe.

Thank you one and all. It certainly has a kick. Brisk is a clone of Mennen Skin Bracer if you ask me. Since I like Skin Bracer, I like Brisk as well. At the price you can't really beat either one. I'll keep using the Pacific Rush anyway.

Mike

Yes, like others said... its nice and cooling...a decent summer scent, but with little "hang time".

I like the Brisk too!

The scent of Pacific Rush doesn't last long on me -- or at least I get used to it in a hurry. But man, that slap of alcohol sure gets my attention!

PR doesn't last long on me either, but the kick is pretty awesome, even more of a kick than AV. And for 2$ you can't beat it. Brisk however.... I can't stand the stuff. Then again, not a fan of skin bracer.

Top Bottom