What's new

FS PA Blue Slate Hones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gents,

Hello! I have (5) 8x3x1 Pennsylvania Blue Slate hones for sale for $60 each, plus $15 for USPS Priority shipping (only CONUS at this time). I have dressed, chamfered, and tested each of these stones. There is zero toxicity anywhere on the honing surface, and they are a delight to hone upon!

If you buy a hone, I have (3) rub/slurry stones available…they are $12 each. You don’t need a PA Blue slate slurry stone if you have a Thuringian rub stone, an Atoma 1200, a super hard JNAT tomo…etc. I have used all of these, and they work great to raise base stone slurry. The Atoma 1200 is my personal preference.

Back Story: I am from Pennsylvania originally, and during the early days of the pandemic I was calling slate quarries in order to get a slate cut to hone dimensions. The only quarry that replied was a PA quarry, and they thought I was a nut job. However, they sent me two hones, one pure blue and one ribbon slate. The ribbon slate didn’t work out, but the pure blue tossed a couple of fantastic edges. I thought “WoW! A PA hone that is giving up edges like this…AMAZING!” However, I put it up and dived more deeply into JNATs and then Coticules.

A couple of months ago I tried the blue slate again, with an additional three years of experience in honing, and this time I was floored with the results. I contacted the quarry again, and it took some doing, some explaining, etc…but they finally agreed to send me two more stones…I wanted to see if the quality was the same…and suffice to say…it was every bit as good! So I thought, I should get some more stones cut for my pals at Badger & Blade, so that is what I have done.

I am not a vendor, I am not doing this as a serious side gig, and I am trying to offer these at a price that most everyone can afford (especially because everyone is in a bit of a cash crunch). It is about introducing something interesting to new and seasoned straight razor honers alike, and that is fun for me.

At any rate, I like these, and I am offering them in a ready to use condition (relatively flat, surface dressed, and sides chamfered) for $60 plus $15 shipping (USPS). This pricing includes the PayPal GS fee of course! If you want one of the (3) slurry stones, it is an additional $12.

If you want one, please let me know.

Thanks!

Vr

Matt
IMG_5928.jpeg

Gents,

All stones have been sold. Thanks B&B, and I hope that the new owners like these as much as I do!

Vr

Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom