What's new

Out of WillG's Shea Soap!

vontech said:
WillG's Shea Butter Shaving Soap was the ONLY soap/cream I have used in 5 months that allowed me to shave without significant irritation. As some may remember, I have a VERY, VERY, VERY tough beard that I spend 5 minutes softening with hot water after I shower. Then I use either a Slant or a Futur with a Feather Platinum. I get a nice, close shave with 3 passes, and I virtually never cut myself.

With Will's soap, my shave has always ended pleasantly. Very little irritation. Not so with other soaps. I own and have tried Trumpers, Taylors, Truefitt & Hill, Harris, Coates, Salter, Pre de Provence, Nancy Boy, QED, L'Occitane, Provence Sante, C&E, Arko, Mitchell's Woolfat, C&E, Proraso.

Will has spoiled me for the other soaps! But the fact remains that his soap was the BEST for me. Bar NONE! Now that he is out of business because of a serious health issue, I feel lost!

If ANYONE has any cakes of Will's soap left that you are not using, please PM me!!

And if anyone has a suggestion for a soap/cream that I have not tried, let me know!

Tom

ps. I also own and have tried more pre-shave solutions than I can name, including Nivea, olive oil, PSO, and lots of others!:tongue_sm

Try the Honeybee Spa Shaving soap http://stores.ebay.com/Honeybee-Spa-Soaps. The soaps are a Shea butter soap that I found to be of oustanding quality. They lather remarkably well, shave smooth and close, and leave your face feeling as great. I also like the Mamma Bear soaps very well but I believe my face feels better after the shave with the Shea butter.

Bud

Thanks for the suggestion, Bud! I just ordered a sampler, and I will post the results!

I've happily been using Mama Bear's soaps, but they still have not come up to the protection and lubricity of WillG's soap. I continue the hunt, so perhaps Honeybee will be closer??

We'll see....

Thanks again!

Tom

I'm anxious to hear from others what their opinion is on these soaps. I was really impressed with the quality of the soap and with the way it left my face feeling. The price is right on these as well. No container provided but they come securely wrapped. This is fine for me as I use a mugs. What sampler pack did you order?

I'll anxiously await your opinion.

Bud

Let's see -- I ordered Almond, Sandalwood and Lavender -- all shea butter. $6.95 for all three is quite a deal, with Priority shipping came to only $11.00. With each bar at 3.5 ounces, this is not a bad deal at all --at least to test.

Like I said, I'll offer my opinion once I've used one of them.

Thanks again!

Tom

vontech said:
Let's see -- I ordered Almond, Sandalwood and Lavender -- all shea butter. $6.95 for all three is quite a deal, with Priority shipping came to only $11.00. With each bar at 3.5 ounces, this is not a bad deal at all --at least to test.

Like I said, I'll offer my opinion once I've used one of them.

Thanks again!

Tom

Tom,

In recent correspondence with Sue about her soaps, I learned that Will G was a customer of Honeybee Spa soaps before starting to make his own. That should provide you confidence in your order. I would suspect they are going to be very similiar.

Bud

Top Bottom